2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So despite my good intentions yesterday it didn't happen - I managed to get out of bed for about 40 minutes before giving in and going back to bed and I stayed put all day. I felt so rough :mad: I feel a bit better today but still not great,I have managed to have a bath, get ds to the station and load the dishwasher / washing machine and put them on. I have also stripped my bed, cleared all the washing / washing up / rubbish from upstairs,opened the windows wide and sprayed dettol spray liberally throughout ;)

I'm now firmly camped in the chair with a blanket and don't have huge plans to do much else today other than continue with the mountain of washing and maybe run the hoover round later.

I have managed to lose 5 lbs without trying this week, purely by coming home and going straight to bed without eating which clearly isn't to be recommended and no doubt it will all reappear as if by magic once I start eating normally again.

Ds went to work yesterday, he liked it :) He's going to do monday, wednesday and friday after school for 2 hours each day, he gets £4 an hour which he's happy with :)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £5 cashed out from prolific, added to my brothers fund :beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great news on DS! and good wages too. I remember when that amount of money felt like such a gift (and with no expenses to pay out of it either - sigh those were the days!!)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So after another day of doing very very little I am finally beginning to feel better :) It's a shame I've been wiped out for my three day weekend but sometimes that's just the way it is and I'm grateful that at least I didn't have big plans that needed cancelling this weekend.

So today I have managed to cook a proper dinner for the first time this week :T I've cleaned the bathroom, put the clean washing away and hoovered.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good for you. Hope the week keeps improving for you xx
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Still not feeling great, going back to work may have been a bit premature. My voice is still very croaky but I do feel a lot better in myself.

Tomorrow is payday, I must sort the end of month banking stuff out.
    Today the car had it's MOT and passed with out any advisories or anything :T :T so just a straight £43 to pay there from the car maintenance fund :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So another month, I need to finalise the end of month banking stuff. I also need to adjust the signature now that I've been paid and money needs to be moved around accordingly.

Last night was an amazing win for us against Chelsea, I'm still so so happy :D:D

So, one month of the year done and it wasn't too bad, I made £50 from swagbucks which I'm really chuffed with, I have met todays target, I do need to get back to reaching daily goals. Hopefully now that my cold / flu seems to be finally shifting I might get my mojo back again ;):)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you are starting to feel better.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Glad you are beginning to feel better
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business