Nationwide Select Card

A4445
A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
I have a Select Credit Card from Nationwide, up until recently Nationwide was my main account I’ve completed a current account switch to another provider. Does anybody know what Nationwide will do with my card account? The Select account is only for main account holders!

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    They've changed the terminology now and say you have to be a member (rather than a current account holder).

A member is someone who has a current account (you are switching yours, so that's out) but it also says a savings account or mortgage. Do you have any of these other products?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • A4445
    I have a savings account still yes, it only as £1 in it as I moved my savings at the same time as the current account switch :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Dobbibill
    Unless I am reading it wrong then it appears you'll be OK.

Do update us if so - would be handy for others to know.

PS - don't go spending that £1 all at once ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It still says "main current account members", rather than just "members".

You could always open a FlexDirect account and leave £1 in there (no monthly pay-in required for FlexDirect).
  • A4445
    I will update when I know what’s happening.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    They've changed the terminology now and say you have to be a member (rather than a current account holder).

A member is someone who has a current account (you are switching yours, so that's out) but it also says a savings account or mortgage. Do you have any of these other products?

It's standard membership for a credit card but you also need to be a main current account member for the select card.

I doubt they actively seek out people that no longer meet that criteria but can close/change products with notice anyway.
  • Dobbibill
    Note to self - read the whole paragraph instead of just the first line.
    It still says 'current account holders' underneath - oops!

Will be interesting to see if they take any action once your account is switched away OP.

• I think an automated system would pick this up rather than manual user intervention
  • A4445
    My account switched over a month ago, I had expected a letter saying they had downgraded to their standard card.
  • A4445
    Still nothing from Nationwide still have the Select card.

As I now bank with Halifax they approved a Clarity card with a significantly higher limit than Nationwide. I’ve collected to many cards now, so if Nationwide close that’s fine as I also have the Creation everyday card as a back up.

Will leave it running to see how long it takes them to notice I’m no longer a main current account holder!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure