IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking PCN Cinema Visit

2»

Comments

• I'm trying to learn with your help and Coupon :)

Actually just sent daveruk a message as the post above has random numbers and !! (exclamation marks) every so often, so wondering if it reads properly or the numbers have replaced part of the wording ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The numbers replace apostrophes due to MSE's current glitch with smart punctuation. Mentioned on dozens of threads...clearly you must change the silly stuff back to apostrophes.

But this isn't rocket science, surely most of the above POPLA appeal is simply the templates from the NEWBIES thread post #3 anyway, easy for anyone to copy. The above one wasn't written from scratch.

You can't copy the above one verbatim anyway, because it says things like 'link' to replace the real links and images I give in the NEWBIES thread.

You could put this together yourself easily.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The ' random numbers' replace exclamation marks. It's a conflict between the MSE forum and Apple's IOS Smart Punctuation.

For anyone experiencing the problem, the following is the way to eliminate it:
    Switch off your 'Smart Punctuation' on your iPhone/iPad.

Go to 'General' > 'Keyboard' > 'Smart Punctuation' and flick the switch off.

Switching off seems to have no negative affect on any other use of the keyboard.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    The ' random numbers' replace exclamation marks. It's a conflict between the MSE forum and Apple's IOS Smart Punctuation.

For anyone experiencing the problem, the following is the way to eliminate it:
    Switch off your 'Smart Punctuation' on your iPhone/iPad.

Go to 'General' > 'Keyboard' > 'Smart Punctuation' and flick the switch off.

Switching off seems to have no negative affect on any other use of the keyboard.

I get the problem on my Android tablet and Windows laptop.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    I get the problem on my Android tablet and Windows laptop.

From your own direct typing, or just when copying and pasting quotes from others into a quotation box? I get the copy and paste problem, despite having Smart Punctuation switched off, but never any longer with my own direct input.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    From your own direct typing, or just when copying and pasting quotes from others into a quotation box? I get the copy and paste problem, despite having Smart Punctuation switched off, but never any longer with my own direct input.

Reading others posts mainly but I may have had it on mine too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure