Parking at work can anyone advise

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Maybe raising some cash was more important than keeping the workers happy.
  • Can you get in by Scooter? 50cc can be ridden on a full Driving Licence. It would be easier to park.

Push bike? e-bike will help with any hills.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Maybe raising some cash was more important than keeping the workers happy.

Maybe raising some cash was to keep the business going and have any workers.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It is the security issue to be honest some of us leave at 1 or 2 am and it is not the best area .
    What job do to you do that there are so many people working at this time that the car park is full at that time?
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Maybe raising some cash was to keep the business going and have any workers.

That's my point, parking issue may be a sign there is more going on and won't be a problem for long, if not enough get fed up and leave there may be redundancies.

Things like was there any consultation or impact assessment will help the bigger picture.
  • FBaby wrote: »
    What job do to you do that there are so many people working at this time that the car park is full at that time?

I imagine its full when they arrive.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That's my point, parking issue may be a sign there is more going on and won't be a problem for long, if not enough get fed up and leave there may be redundancies.

Things like was there any consultation or impact assessment will help the bigger picture.

Sorry, yes. Slightly miss interpreted your post as "the company care more about making a bit of quick cash over the happiness/safety of their workforce".

In my defence I had just got in from a long night shift so wasn't entirely compos mentis ;).
  • Thank you all for your responses . There is no local car parks really within walking distance due to where we are so not really an option .buses it is for a while thanks again
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How far do you live from work?

It!!!8217;s more fair than the places I!!!8217;ve worked with limited parking. Places I!!!8217;ve worked the parking has been reserved for management only. However there has been street parking available but it!!!8217;s caused problems.
  • Gavin83 wrote: »
    How far do you live from work?

It!!!8217;s more fair than the places I!!!8217;ve worked with limited parking. Places I!!!8217;ve worked the parking has been reserved for management only. However there has been street parking available but it!!!8217;s caused problems.

Approx 8 miles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport