What small DFW things will you do w/c 17th June?

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Has anyone got a tried and tested recipe that I could use the powdered milk in? if not I'll try bbc food pages.

I often use it when I make scones 1LL, as it works out cheaper than fresh milk, and works just as well. I reconstitute it according to the packet instructions before use. I have used it in soda bread as well :)
    Been visiting DD1 today, as OH was helping one of her local (to her) friends with something. Had a nice day :)
    Haven't spent anything at all, and sold a couple of bits on ebay :)
    Thanks for the good wishes re my surgery, fingers crossed that a) it doesn't get cancelled, and b) that I don't get a cold and have to cancel it!
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: the suns shining :j

Change of plans today for one reason and another so planning on fitting in some enjoyable stuff. I got gifted a card at work for something I'd done, had to activate it last night. There's £100 on there :D will have a mooch in the store today and see if an item I want is in there.

I've also spend half an hour this morning juggling my budget spreadsheets. One is an iteration of my first attempt at budgeting from 2007 :eek: I know this as the file had the date in it for some reason. I also have a total budget sheet for tracking my various pots. It's sounds way more complicated than it is :rotfl: well this week I had the lightbulb moment to put them on the same sheet just on different tabs :o we'll see how it goes.

Other things:
    Check banking
    Paid a big bill from savings
    Flylady kitchen
    Mop tiles
    Something out of freezer for tea
    Some exercise later, hopefully a run. I'd also like to visit the sauna ;)
    Submit some expenses
    Meal plan next week

Have a good day all.
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone,
    Morning Purps and everyone who follows:beer:

Me and LO are heading out to a baby class this morning. Always a palaver to get anywhere for a certain time... :p

Fingers crossed for your op dawn :)
    Purps - that will definitely save you time you spreadsheet whizz!! :p

I need to tidy round. I was busy yesterday and didn't empty /reload the dishwasher so it didn't get done so now all the dishes are on the side...! Also going to get through some washing.

Bought some 2nd hand nappies so happy about that.

Sorted banking/YNAB

Got 25% free credit on moon pig website. Couldn't add credit on the app annoyingly but switched to the website so I could claim it there. They also have 3 for 2 on cards at the min but my pressie budget is blown for this month so I didn't bother stocking up.

Right, I might go back to sleep for an hour while baby is sleeping :D

Happy Thursday :beer:
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all,
    Blue sky!! Better get myself going while it lasts!
    Dawn - Hope the surgery goes ahead as expected. The sooner it's done, the sooner you'll be back home recuperating.
    1LL - I always have powdered milk in. I don't like it in drinks, but it is useful for cooking, when I just make up however much the recipe needs - so quiches, soups, baking, bechamel-type sauces, etc. If I have plenty of fresh milk in, I use that, but if I suddenly decide to batch cook something, having powdered in stock is a useful back-up.
    And on today's list:
    *Big weekly house clean using up products brought from Mum's house. Am gradually getting through them.
    *Last tortilla wrap used as a low fat quiche base.
    *Cut more salad.
    *Feed all fruiting veg, as this fell off the list when the rain returned yesterday.
    *Do meal plans for next week.
    *Write shopping list.
    *Wrap parcel for posting tomorrow.
    *Make list of other jobs I can usefully do in town tomorrow.
    *Bake something - maybe cheese oatcakes, maybe cheesejacks. I'll see.
    *Plan for rhubarb harvesting.... prob Saturday.
    *Pick more sweet peas.
    *Try not to get annoyed about legal delays. I've actioned the only aspect which is within my control, so can do no more.
    *Pick up stitches to shape foot on the sock I'm knitting. I'll either keep this pair for myself or sell via my sis's annual knitting stall.
    I think I'm in the mood to get cracking now.
    Come on Frugalistas, get out there & sock it to the world!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Morning :D First day of 4 off :j and I've woken up feeling really tired and wanting to go back to bed! Which I might just do...

Things for today:

* load of washing & hang out as forecast says it's not going to rain :T
    * get rubber pork out of freezer for fajitas - picked up 12p ys soured cream yesterday :money:
    * gloss madam's room
    * go for run
    * call dentist
    * get oh to print off passport appl for madam
    * might pick up bureau I have bought for madam's room
    * fix stool I picked up on the side of a road
    * pot on plants
    * take in some trousers
    * go through cc statement
    * checked payslip for next week. Sadly no expenses so just my basic next month
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    Motivating lists this morning Foxgloves and DNMS :)

Great news on the gift card PF :)

Enjoy your nap La E - good idea to sleep while baby does :)
    I am going to restock my sales unit later, as I am not realistically going to be able to do it for a few weeks after my operation - though I am sure I will be able to supervise OH :rotfl:
    Other plans:
    HG strawberries for breakfast again :) (Done)
    I have quite a lot of strawberries in the fridge as a neighbour gave us some yesterday. May make a small batch of jam :)
    Buy a bag of jam sugar while out - I only bother for strawberry and chilli jam. Ordinary sugar is cheaper and fine for everything else :)
    Pick up parcel from post office - it will be the collapsible washing basket I ordered with my Amazon vouchers from surveys

Find something in freezer for dinner - meal plan fail, but there is plenty in there!
    Triage fridge - there are probably things in there that ought to be frozen as they won't get used in time :eek:
    Freezer tetris if this is the case :eek:
    Water / feed garden pots and hanging baskets
    Right, more coffee then get on!
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 20 June 2019 at 12:13PM
    Morning all,

Thanks for the powdered milk ideas I do love this thread, dh & ds1 voted for scones as the winning first thing to try! Its an unopened tub left by old tenants with a BBE date of April 2019 so I'm thinking they'd had it a long time! (I don't pay that much attention to BBE dates usually, it was just seeing that yesterday made me think about ways of actually using it!)

Todays plans
    # ds1 and I both had ys bagels for our breakfasts :)
    # wash a load on the quick 30 degree wash :)
    # gym session and refill water bottle :)
    # call into mr T (post an rm survey on the way in) picked up the couple of bits there that I can't get at aldee, popped into the homebargains next door for something else but all from my list. :)
    # rather then get the salad I need for tonights meal from mr T, where its more expensive I called into alddee as its on the way home and got it from there as usual instead. I'm lucky that I have a good variety of shops nearby and the time to go to different places. :)
    # get some chicken breast out of the freezer :) as I plan to have a cooking session tomorrow making chilli, spag bol and a chicken curry (saves me on a weekend when none of us feel like cooking and the kids suggest take out! - they can take out...take out of the fridge and heat it up! :rotfl:
    # if I have plenty of cheese I will make some cheese scones
    # make families lunches for tomorrow
    # spend some quality time with ds1 tonight, he's usually playing with friends on an evening but as ds2 is still away we've suggested a picnic style tea in front of a film (thats not suitable age wise for ds2) so he's chosen the film and text me on his morning break telling me that he's really looking forward to tonight :A
    # hang out washing as its nice(ish) weather...well I mean its not dark, grey and raining :)
    # put a 2nd load on the quick wash :) and hang out :)
    # check banking/update spreadsheet & remind ds1 that he owes me £
    But before all that I need to get this mornings shopping put away :) (I don't know why but I really dislike unpacking shopping! :o)

Take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • DawnW
    edited 20 June 2019 at 5:59PM
    Ooh we had disappeared off the front page :eek:
    DawnW wrote: »
    Motivating lists this morning Foxgloves and DNMS :)
    Great news on the gift card PF :)
    Enjoy your nap La E - good idea to sleep while baby does :)
    I am going to restock my sales unit later, as I am not realistically going to be able to do it for a few weeks after my operation - though I am sure I will be able to supervise OH :rotfl:Done
    Other plans:
    HG strawberries for breakfast again :) (Done)
    I have quite a lot of strawberries in the fridge as a neighbour gave us some yesterday. May make a small batch of jam :)Not done, or not yet!
    Buy a bag of jam sugar while out - I only bother for strawberry and chilli jam. Ordinary sugar is cheaper and fine for everything else :)Done, also got YS chicken breasts and sausages :)
    Pick up parcel from post office - it will be the collapsible washing basket I ordered with my Amazon vouchers from surveys Done
    Find something in freezer for dinner - meal plan fail, but there is plenty in there! Nice fish!
    Triage fridge - there are probably things in there that ought to be frozen as they won't get used in time :eek: Not yet, the night is young!
    Freezer tetris if this is the case :eek:
    Water / feed garden pots and hanging baskets Done
    Right, more coffee then get on!

Picked a few more strawberries, and some peas and broad beans for dinner. Broad beans are very poor this year :(

Harvested the garlic - great crop, best I have ever grown. Messaged the ebay seller/ nursery I bought the sets from to express my appreciation. Got a lovely message back :) Grew them in a couple of discarded council recycling bins, which they shared with a huge poppy, a great big lettuce and an undersowing of self sown wild rocket. :rotfl: I have watered these other things and left them in situ.
    I have a huge chicken, sweet potato and chickpea curry on the stove (using the large pack of YS chicken breasts that I bought this morning, plus fridge and larder stuff). When it is done, I will leave out enough for tomorrow, and portion and freeze the rest - freezer tetris will definitely be needed!
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Managed NSD today
    Got cover work - yay
    Got boys to take bus from airport to free pick up area, so saved parking charges
    Brought lunch and cooked dinner when I got home - for everybody had a nice chat
    When boys went into town in other country - they bought food in supermarket for lunch - they know how the world spins
    Did club run last night
    Probably wont run tomorrow night so want to Saturday and Sunday
    Shower dog
    Too tired for long list now :-)
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    1LuckyLady so do I, which frustrates me so much. Most of the time its not so bad it is just the thought of it.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business