bill after debt relief order

Options
on in January 2016 i moved address to my present address, leaving an unpaid water bill of £66.
after getting heavily into debt, i was granted a debt relief order in november 2016, to which the above bill was included.
last week i recieved a letter with a final bill of £137 from this previous address which they claimed to have sent after i had already moved, despite me reporting my change of address at the time.
the amount outstanding at the time of the debt relief order was checked and verified by the citizens advice bureau so i do not understand where this amount comes from.
where do i stand on this matter?

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 24 May 2019 at 8:43PM
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

There could be a number of reasons why a final bill was raised by the water company.

Under normal circumstance you would need to question the company to acertain if the bill was valid.

However I doubt if anyone on this section of the forum will know the position with your debt relief order. I suggest you post again in the 'Debt Free Wannabe' section of the forum as they are they experts on debt relief procedure.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport