Cannot stop crafting! I love it.

Hi all, I just do not know when to stop crafting!
I started about 2 years ago making hand sewn beaded jewellery, non stop for months. Then I decided to have a go at decoupage, again, went on for months. In between I have been experimenting with gold leaf applications on various objects. Now I have just started with washi tape, I expect months of that also.
You can imagine my stash of so much mixed media over the two years and it is making me think I need to stop and take stock but do not feel that will happen.
Do I need therapy? or should I just keep going with my passion and eventually buy a larger house?
Live, Love, Craft!

Comments

• Wraithlady
    Wraithlady Posts: 856 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    There are just so many crafts out there !
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • So true, I guess we have always been a crafty race. Currently making jewellery again, next a large decoupage project and after that who knows?
    Finished my first acrylic painting, will add a photo later.
    Live, Love, Craft!
  • Elise1912
    Elise1912 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Hmm, I'd have to vote for the larger house! Keep going! Crafting is cheaper than therapy and you get pretty things at the end of it! I've recently taken over my daughter's aqua beads, its a bit like diamond painting!
  • A bigger house it is then, lol.
    I have tried to post a photo of my painting but being a newby here I am not allowed, shame. I will look into when I will be able to post images.
    Live, Love, Craft!
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all, I just do not know when to stop crafting!
    I started about 2 years ago making hand sewn beaded jewellery, non stop for months. Then I decided to have a go at decoupage, again, went on for months. In between I have been experimenting with gold leaf applications on various objects. Now I have just started with washi tape, I expect months of that also.
    You can imagine my stash of so much mixed media over the two years and it is making me think I need to stop and take stock but do not feel that will happen.
    Do I need therapy? or should I just keep going with my passion and eventually buy a larger house?
    Come and join us here and show off some of your makes to inspire us, we're a friendly bunch:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6085920/no-craft-spending-in-2020-i-will-bust-my-stash-this-year/p1
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family