Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Options

Comments

• Dee_1303
    Dee_1303 Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Hot news people mark 4th April in your diary’s and stock up on wheelbarrow wheels at Aldi,get em while you can.

A72-D4992-FC6-D-49-A2-8-D91-BAAF74-CD24-DD.jpg
    Don't tell me, in two weeks time the wheelbarrow handles are on offer and a month after that the wheelbarrow body! :rotfl:
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Hot news people mark 4th April in your diary’s and stock up on wheelbarrow wheels at Aldi,get em while you can.

A72-D4992-FC6-D-49-A2-8-D91-BAAF74-CD24-DD.jpg

Should we be stocking up on these in case there is a no Deal Brexit ?
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Should we be stocking up on these in case there is a no Deal Brexit ?

Only if there is a no Wheel Brexit. Seems unlikely. :)

I bought some of the special offer Deluxe Stem Ginger Biscuits from Lidl at the weekend. They are excellent - a bargain at 54p, and probably okay at their usual price. The flavour is very subtle, and I could tolerate a bit more, but I guess they are trying to cater for all tastes.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got lucky yesterday - bought some bakery items from Lidl RTC for 20p. Look out for items marked with round green stickers, folks :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Trallallero
    Trallallero Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The ketchup they sell at Aldi is my favourite. Better than Heinz and much cheaper
  • Lance_De_Boils
    Options
    Those Portuguese tarts from Lidl. Oh my! I bought two and they were still warm. Went outside and scoffed them. Went straight back in to buy some more but there were none left. Gutted.
    They are delicious and are 49 pence. I do love a cheap tart.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    The ketchup they sell at Aldi is my favourite. Better than Heinz and much cheaper
    I prefer the Lidl one, but both are fine.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Those Portuguese tarts from Lidl. Oh my! I bought two and they were still warm. Went outside and scoffed them. Went straight back in to buy some more but there were none left. Gutted.
    They are delicious and are 49 pence. I do love a cheap tart.

:rotfl: I see what you did there
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    :rotfl: I see what you did there

Turns out he was not joking...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-5965903/Pastry-fans-wild-Lidls-49p-version-famous.html

They are called Pasteis de Nata BTW. I shall have a look for them on my next trip to Lidl.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    I went in at lunchtime - they were just a few left on the two shelves reserved for them so they are going fast. Btw you were right about the pesto, now seems to be permanently at 69p :)

My local store has changed its layout so the "imported" baked goods are now quite separate from those baked instore.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure