Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Donate your old bras ....

Comments

• sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    thank you.

I've just stopped breastfeeding, and totally changed sizes since before the baby, and it seemed such a shame to throw all my lovely (now too small) bras out!
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Thanks for the link. I sell bras and have odds and ends all of the place so this is of great interest - instead of throwing the very old styles that no-one seems to want I can send them onto this Charity. That is very helpful. Thanks.
  • daisyboo
    daisyboo Posts: 173 Forumite
    Thanks for the website, its a great appeal I bet loads of people throw perfectly bras away that could be used again. Its things like this we take for granted.
  • Kay_Peel
    Kay_Peel Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    What a great link.

I'm going to pass it on.

Kay
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,029
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Thank you very useful. I have some new items that I bought on ebay and aren't quite the fit I thought they were going to be. I'd rather donate them than have them make me feel guilty by staying unworn in the drawer.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    What a great idea and a great site too!
    What do you all think of the lift-its? certainly an entertaining video, but won't it hurt taking them off?

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • Bach_Off
    Bach_Off Posts: 91
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Great link....

I've also not long stopped breastfeeding...will be making a donation plus will printout flyer and post it on our Commnunity Hall Notice Board - bound to get oodles of interest as lots of mums use the local playgroup....
  • xpf
    xpf Posts: 476
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks. I have a drawer full of old bras. This will spur me on to sort them out and send them off for a good cause.
  • daisyboo
    daisyboo Posts: 173 Forumite
    It is a great appeal, the charity have also said that they will donate the bras they receive to a charity which i'm involved in. If you would like to know where your bras are going and who they will help then click on the link in my signiture. We are so thankful for all thier help.
  • me4bargains
    me4bargains Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    I have untold old bras in my drawer. I felt it was a sin to throw them away so was desperately trying to find a charity who would want them.
    Thanks OP
    Third time lucky on WW I hope :j
    January: 13st 11lb :eek:, February: 13st 2.5lb, March: 12st 13lb, April: 12st 10.5lb, May: 12st 2lb, June: 12st 1lb, July: 12st 1lb, August: 11st 11lb, September: 11st 10.5lb, October: 11st 12.5lb, Currently 11st 8lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure