Limited capability for work assessment

Options
Hi I'm after some advice please
My wife is employed but had a serious back injury last November and has been on SSP since then. She started receiving PIP in Feb of this year along with our UC. She received a letter in around about May asking her to attend a health centre for an assessment regarding this limited capability to work however my wife is currently house bound unable to walk after the operation. We informed them of this and had to get a doctor to send them a fax to confirm this. We then received a letter saying that a house visit would be arranged, which is fine , the sooner the better to be honest. My question is it seems to be taking a lifetime. How long does it take as we are obviously losing extra income that we are entitled to while this goes on. Like I said she's been like this since last November now. We have provided all sick notes to the jobcentre since November

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi I'm after some advice please
    My wife is employed but had a serious back injury last November and has been on SSP since then. She started receiving PIP in Feb of this year along with our UC. She received a letter in around about May asking her to attend a health centre for an assessment regarding this limited capability to work however my wife is currently house bound unable to walk after the operation. We informed them of this and had to get a doctor to send them a fax to confirm this. We then received a letter saying that a house visit would be arranged, which is fine , the sooner the better to be honest. My question is it seems to be taking a lifetime. How long does it take as we are obviously losing extra income that we are entitled to while this goes on. Like I said she's been like this since last November now. We have provided all sick notes to the jobcentre since November
    It depends on backlog in your area, there's no timescales. At the moment you're not losing out on any money. She will only receive the extra money if she's given LCWRA and there's a 3 month waiting period for this. Payment then starts on the 4th month of your claim from when she sent in her first fit note. If it's been longer than that she'll be backdated the money she's owed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure