Money Moral Dilemma: Should I tell my friend he's underpaid me?

13»

Comments

• Why would you expect a load of strangers to understand what relationship and understanding you have with this friend? Grow up and work out for yourself.
  • JayD
    JayD Posts: 698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    He's supposed to be your friend. You should be able to speak honestly to each other.

Does he think you get a discount when you buy the tickets?

In any case, why aren't you saying, 'here's the ticket - it's £28'?
    Without you telling him what the ticket cost, where does he get the number £25 from? It doesn't make sense!

If it's £28 - whatever he gives you, tell him it's £28 and hold your hand out for the other £3!
  • skinnt wrote: »
    Why would you expect a load of strangers to understand what relationship and understanding you have with this friend? Grow up and work out for yourself.

This is supposed to be a safe place where you can discuss things without being jumped on, seek advice or just sound out others's opinions.

forum noun [ C ] (MEETING)
    ​a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest:
    a forum for debate/discussion;

forum noun [ C ] (INTERNET)
    ​a place on the internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time:
    discussion forums are a way of contacting people with similar interests from all over the world.

Perhaps there is a bit more growing up to be done, or thinking before posting?
  • If it happens again and again I would mention it. If he is a true friend he will not put it against you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure