Survey Stashing: GlobalTestMarket hints & tips

Comments

• gaspode38
    gaspode38 Posts: 165 Forumite
    Thnx GrannyKate, I decided the same in the end and didn't do that one, not worth the risk re work. Never mind, always more surveys coming through :)
    :A Eleventh Heaven :A - 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11

Prizes to date: Stretch mark oil, babygrowers discount card, framed Disney print, two roast turkey hats from WKD, XBox 360, £25 ITunes voucher!
  • janey_uk wrote: »
    I have been a member for about three weeks and get near daily surveys, all of which take 2-3 minutes before telling me I don't meet the profile. It is quite frustrating and I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Does anyone else have this problem?

i think its a scam, i keep spending time also, then get screened out.

iv just canceled my registration with them because of it

anyone else???
  • nehpets81
    nehpets81 Posts: 355 Forumite
    Bib2011 wrote: »
    i think its a scam, i keep spending time also, then get screened out.

iv just canceled my registration with them because of it

anyone else???

I don't think it's a scam - all survey companies will have a specific criteria of people they need to complete the surveys, so if you don't fit that you will be screened out. A While ago I found GTM screened me out for a few after I answered a lot of questions (when I was at least half way through the survey, rather than the initial screeners) this I think is less forgivable and I was considering closing my account because of it, but it seems to have stopped happening to me now and I'm making quite a lot through them.

I gave up on the now defunct Ciao due to this very problem.
  • lnkitc
    lnkitc Posts: 30 Forumite
    Please does anyone have any advise on how to get through to the Global Test Market Support team. I don't like calling anyone stupid but I am starting to wonder if it fits. I first sent a message asking if I would definitely be paid in GBP (British pounds sterling) and if I needed to do anything to make sure this would happen (after reading on this forum some people had been paid in USD), this was completely ignored so I resent a message two weeks later. I was sent an explanation of the redemption process (not mentioning currency) so I emailed back politely stating they hadn't addressed my question and asked again. This time the reply told me that 1000 market points was worth $50 (again not mentioning if I would be paid in GBP) This time I emailed back (leaving several lines above and below) my question put as simply as possible:

‘Will I be paid in USD (United States Dollars) or GBP (British pounds sterling) when I make a claim. Is there anything I can do to ensure I am paid in GBP.’

and have just received the reply:

‘I apologize, but I don’t understand your exact request. Please clarify how I can be of assistance. Thanks.’

I have now sent the message:

‘Please could you tell me WHEN I SUBMIT A CLAIM WILL I BE PAID IN GBP (Great British Pounds Sterling - UK currency) and if I need to do anything to make sure that I am.’

but quite expect to be told they don't understand as my previous message was as simple as I could make it. Has anyone got any ideas on how to put this in even simpler language or an alternative way to contact them? Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help!
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Providing your address is for you in the UK, you will be sent a cheque in GBP for the equivalent of $50, which works out about £30 to £33 depending on the current exchange rate at the time of them issuing the cheque
  • Is this one worth me starting? Can I sign up through another one like swagbucks? Or does someone benefit from refering me?

Many thanks.
    Debt free by xmas 2014 challenge #114 £230.35/£5840 Roadkill rebel Jan 2014 #79 £0.00 Extra payment a week 2014 £30.14 7/52 50p saver 2014 #?? £14.00 20p saver 2014 #41 £6.80 1% challenge #?? debt 1 1% debt 2 0% Make £50 a month Jan £75.00 Xmas fund 2014 £70.99 Loose change pot £15.45
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    I only do the ones offering points[not prize draws].Seem to get screened out of over 50% surveys, but still earn about £100 per year from them.
  • lnkitc
    lnkitc Posts: 30 Forumite
    cally6008 wrote: »
    Providing your address is for you in the UK, you will be sent a cheque in GBP for the equivalent of $50, which works out about £30 to £33 depending on the current exchange rate at the time of them issuing the cheque

Thanks - I have heard this is how it is supposed to work but have also heard people from the UK say they have been sent cheques in USD, I know I shouldn't anticipate problems but they haven't exactly given me much confidence in their competency!
  • wilsysir
    wilsysir Posts: 13 Forumite
    This sit is one of my favourites I have just recieved my first check for £33 it took about 5/6 weeks to arrive and in that time I have passed the threshold for the next one! so that should be arriving in th next 5/6 weeks too hopefully this should be a continous cycle (which if it is and my basic maths skills are any good would work out at about £300 a year) not bad for answering a few questions when bored at home or at work!!
  • GLOBAL TEST MARKET - THEY DO NOT PAY

I stopped filling out their surveys after my $50 neverarrived. I wrote to them at least 10times over a 6 month period. Only gotthe system generated reply each time that someone would contact me. No one has ever contacted me to explain why Idid not get paid. Additionally, thismust be one of the poorest paid survey site. You need to have 1000 points before you can cash it in. On average, each survey gives you 35 to 40points. You do the sum how long it willtake you. Also, there are many surveyswith no points, just a sweep. Lastly,the surveys are much longer than other survey sites even for a petty 30 pointsurvey. My advice. DO NOT BOTHER WITHTHIS SURVEY SITE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure