Motorhome left parked on road

Options

Comments

• oldernonethewiser
    Options
    Socajam wrote: »
    I would alert the council and keep on doing so until something is done, nothing ventured, nothing gained

The something that is likely to be done is that the OP will be told not to bother phoning the council and wasting their time any more.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    marlot wrote: »
    It would be a shame if someone threw birdseed over it on a regular basis ...

It would be a shame if someone in retaliation threw eggs on the houses it was parked outside...
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Socajam wrote: »
    I would alert the council and keep on doing so until something is done, nothing ventured, nothing gained

Yes, I will keep onto the council about the council tax I pay :T
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Scrapit wrote: »
    No different to a van or a 7 series sized car parking there. Nimbyism.

If you read my posts there is someone who owns a van down the street. I have no objection to that, its their every day vehicle. I do have objection to some selfish person taking up valuable space for something that will be used for couple of weeks per year.
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    Herzlos wrote: »
    Any idea who owns it? Not one of the neighbours? You could always see if they'd move it to the end oit of the way a biy.

I have no idea who owns it as it hasn't moved. It wouldn't surprise me if the owner doesn't even live down the street.
  • oldernonethewiser
    Options
    If you read my posts there is someone who owns a van down the street. I have no objection to that, its their every day vehicle. I do have objection to some selfish person taking up valuable space for something that will be used for couple of weeks per year.

What do you suggest the "selfish person" does?

Have they informed you it will only be moved for two weeks of the year and the rest of the time will be spent on the road near your property?
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• iammumtoone
    Options
    What do you suggest the "selfish person" does?

Have they informed you it will only be moved for two weeks of the year and the rest of the time will be spent on the road near your property?

If they are not using it regularly I suggest they pay to have it in storage like those have to with caravans who don't have space on their property to store them.

No to be fair they haven't told me that, it has however been there for over two months without moving.
  • Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options
    If they are not using it regularly I suggest they pay to have it in storage like those have to with caravans who don't have space on their property to store them.

No to be fair they haven't told me that, it has however been there for over two months without moving.

You can't store a caravan on the road and as this is a moneysaving site why should they pay to store the motor home?
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sarge is right. If it is taxed and insured, and is not causing what the law would define as an obstruction, then there isn't anything that can be done short of a regulation order of some kind (Parking permits etc) that would affect the whole street.
  • The_Rainmaker
    Options

This is taking up at least 4 parking spaces (two where its parked and two on the opposite side as no one can park there as cars would not be able to get through the gap) in a road where there is never enough room anyway.

Simple get everyone to park as normal and the call the police that a motorhome is parked in such a way that they are obstructing the carriage way.

Or hope someone eventually hits it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport