Tonik Energy

Options
lindajane
lindajane Posts: 8 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
If you are thinking of changing your gas/electricity supplier I would like to let you know of my experience regarding TONIK ENERGY. I switched from Utilita (an expensive supplier which I was automatically changed to when my previous supplier, Eversmart, went bust). I set up my new account with Tonik and even emailed and telephoned to ensure the change over had happened according to plan. Basically because I wanted to minimise the expensive Utilita tariffs. Roll on a few months where I had been billed by Tonik for both gas and electric and direct debits had been taken as arranged ....when I suddenly received a massive bill from Utilita. To cut a long story short and many phone calls/emails later, it turned out Tonik had never taken over my electric - Utilita confirmed they had never even applied for it. Since then I have fought Tonik to get my money back for electrify never supplied (agreed but still waiting) and for the difference in cost of said electric between Tonik’s tariff and Utilita’s, together with compensation. This was a big sticking point. More telephone calls and more emails and threats of Energy Ombudsman....They have finally agreed to pay the difference between the tariffs after I have got copies of all bills and did the maths for them. No joy yet of even a token amount of compensation. It has taken hours for me to sort out - and of course I don’t have the money yet. I will let you know the outcome.

Comments

• Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Options
    lindajane wrote: »
    If you are thinking of changing your gas/electricity supplier I would like to let you know of my experience regarding TONIK ENERGY. I switched from Utilita (an expensive supplier which I was automatically changed to when my previous supplier, Eversmart, went bust). I set up my new account with Tonik and even emailed and telephoned to ensure the change over had happened according to plan. Basically because I wanted to minimise the expensive Utilita tariffs. Roll on a few months where I had been billed by Tonik for both gas and electric and direct debits had been taken as arranged ....when I suddenly received a massive bill from Utilita. To cut a long story short and many phone calls/emails later, it turned out Tonik had never taken over my electric - Utilita confirmed they had never even applied for it. Since then I have fought Tonik to get my money back for electrify never supplied (agreed but still waiting) and for the difference in cost of said electric between Tonik’s tariff and Utilita’s, together with compensation. This was a big sticking point. More telephone calls and more emails and threats of Energy Ombudsman....They have finally agreed to pay the difference between the tariffs after I have got copies of all bills and did the maths for them. No joy yet of even a token amount of compensation. It has taken hours for me to sort out - and of course I don’t have the money yet. I will let you know the outcome.

Thank you for your feedback on energy supplier, Tonik.

More feedback on this supplier can be found in the official feedback thread here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5590793
  • SPC64
    SPC64 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TONIK ENERGY - Huge issues with their website. Switched to TONIK in 2017 The switch didn't go well as TONIK and my previous supplier couldn't agree on the change over meter readings (despite these being the exact same readings supplied by me to both suppliers). In November 2019 I again switched back to TONIK. My account on MSE Energy Club is STILL in the "SWITCHING" state. The meter readings were again disputed. In addition to this TONIK had both my new account and my previous 2017 account on their website and they were unable or unwilling to sort the matter out in order that I could input meter readings. It has had to go to the Energy Ombudsman who ruled that they have to sort it all out by today. I checked this morning and their website is still not functioning correctly...my previous meter readings are not able to be viewed, the current tariff is unable to be viewed, I am unable to switch until they sort this mess out. Very disappointed with them and would strongly recommend that if you have ever had TONIK supply your energy that you research whether they have overhauled their website before you sign up to them a second time. 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As this section is about oil, LPG and alternative fuels, Tonik are not active in those areas.  So, it won't worry most looking here.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback