IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN received.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Found the template letter in the newbies thread so that's the letter I need to send right.
    That's right.

Send it as the keeper.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    KeithP wrote: »
    That's right.

Send it as the keeper.

And don't put my name on it right ?

Thanks
  • KeithP
    Yes of course you must state your name and full postal address.

Did you not read these words immediately below that blue text?
    THE NAME AND POSTAL ADDRESS OF THE KEEPER (OR THE HIRER/LESSEE) GOES HERE. THE DRIVER IS NOT IDENTIFIED.
    You must read things more carefully.
  • DCFC79
    edited 14 May 2018 at 3:13PM
    KeithP wrote: »
    Yes of course you must state your name and full postal address.

Did you not read these words immediately below that blue text?

You must read things more carefully.

Ah I see what I did, on the letter I only sign it as the registered keeper but not the driver.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Do appreciate that appeals to IPC companies are futile as explained in the FAQ

Once it's sent you're in ignore mode

Ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence.

They have 6 years to start legal action against you

If it comes to this then come back for advice on how to defend this at that time
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 May 2018 at 3:36PM
    Why do people think for one minute, they don't put their name...what more can we do?

I'm astonished that I had to add the blinking obvious under the template, but I had to due to people actually thinking they don't put their name. Course you do, name & address.

This is basic letter sending, the sort of stuff people used to learn at primary school when they learned how to spell by rote (not any more).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DCFC79
    edited 17 May 2018 at 12:10PM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Why do people think for one minute, they don't put their name...what more can we do?

I'm astonished that I had to add the blinking obvious under the template, but I had to due to people actually thinking they don't put their name. Course you do, name & address.

This is basic letter sending, the sort of stuff people used to learn at primary school when they learned how to spell by rote (not any more).

I just sign it as the registered keeper since they have no idea who the driver was.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 May 2018 at 4:53PM
    if the PCN or NTK is in the name of the RK , or somebody is appealing as KEEPER and not driver, they put the name of the KEEPER (not the REGISTERED KEEPER) , and the serviceable address (which is any address they can collect the mail from , not necessarily a home address)

so copy and pastE the template , add the date , the pcn or ntk reference , the keeper name and the keeper address (or a serviceable address)

unless there are COMPELLING reasons for naming the driver, the DRIVER is not named , or identified (even if all of those entities are one and the same person)

it is for a parking company to prove their case against the correct person, not for newbies and people who dont know any better to blab

remember the words on cop shows

you have the right to remain silent
    anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law

one of the hardest jobs on here is to get people to forget about "what happened" and the priority of not to blab right from the outset ( so NOT the DRIVER and NOT the Registered Keeper either)

putting your name and address and date and reference when composing a letter of reply is basic stuff , but choosing the words can be critical, plus sometimes less is more, but not the basics
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    OK, and you do realise you will not get a POPLA code from VCS as they are not in the BPA? And that this response is purely an exercise, will not get it cancelled, and you are in this for the long haul. I hope you have read enough IPC threads to realise this - if not, read more IPC threads.

VCS never cancel. But we beat them in court, if they try that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    And now OP, edit post #18 to remove the clue to the driver's identity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure