Help - EMCAS PPI claim company threats!!

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Elainecity wrote: »
    I put a few different claims in with emcas, and 1 I didn't sign as I went straight to the bank, they now say I owe them but different reference numbers mean different claims right, what should I do as they were both with the same bank
    Sounds to me like you did sign the Letter Of Authority.

Forget about the "reference" numbers, demand the CMC to send you a copy of the signed LOA.

If they can't do so, then you may have some success is arguing that you didn't give them authorisation to proceed.
  • Elainecity
    Elainecity Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    i need help with this, what are people's views on this,
    My letter from TSB states that emcas have not included a valid Letter of authority or invalid, so any costs agreed between emcas and myself should be void, I have put a complaint in with emcas and sent them the relevant letters that I have recieved from TSB but they are taking ages with my complaint, HELP
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My letter from TSB states that emcas have not included a valid Letter of authority or invalid, so any costs agreed between emcas and myself should be void, I have put a complaint in with emcas and sent them the relevant letters that I have recieved from TSB but they are taking ages with my complaint, HELP
    I'm not sure it's the bank's business to tell you that your contract with a claim company is somehow "void" because the LOA was not included with the complaint they sent on your behalf. Why didn't the Bank simply tell the Claim Company to forward a valid LOA?

I doubt you'll get very far with this unless you didn't actually sign a Letter Of Authority..
  • Elainecity
    edited 31 May 2018 at 4:19PM
    Options
    Sounds to me like you did sign the Letter Of Authority.

Forget about the "reference" numbers, demand the CMC to send you a copy of the signed LOA.

If they can't do so, then you may have some success is arguing that you didn't give them authorisation to proceed.
    i need help with this, what are people's views on this,
    Emcas tried to send me another letter of authority to sign because the other was invalid but I didn't sign it, I wrote to TSB to say I didn't want Emcas dealing with my case, so when I recieved a letter off TSB to say my claim was successful they accidentally sent Emcas the letter so now they want 33% what do you think
  • Elainecity
    Options
    Emcas sent me another letter of authority to sign because the other was invalid, I didn't sign it, I wrote to TSB to say I didn't want Emcas dealing with my case, so when I recieved a letter from TSB to say I was successful they accidentally sent it to Emcas that's how they know and they want 33% so I have put a complaint in with Emcas
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Emcas sent me another letter of authority to sign because the other was invalid, I didn't sign it, I wrote to TSB to say I didn't want Emcas dealing with my case,
    You wrote to the Bank to cancel your legally-binding contract with a Claims Company?

You cannot do this. The Bank have no ability to cancel your contract.

The original LOA may have been invalid for some reason, but the fact remains that you had already entered into a contract by signing the original. Refusing to sign a new LOA did not absolve you from paying the Claim Company.
    when I recieved a letter off TSB to say my claim was successful they accidentally sent Emcas the letter so now they want 33% what do you think
    You agreed to them being your representative in all PPI complaints. Therefore the bank didn't make a "mistake"in informing them because they are required to do so.
  • Elainecity
    Options
    Even though I recieved letters last December from Emcas saying I had no claim with TSB, I have recently put a complaint in with them because as far as I was concerned that case was closed, I did sign a new loa but that was for different things then obviously they found ppi on loans, they are still looking into my complaint, but do you think I have no chance of getting away from paying them
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    do you think I have no chance
    That's about the size of it.

Happy to be proved wrong... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories