IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Porsche owner in 'not displaying permit' shocker - Daily Mail non-story

Coupon-mad
Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5723575/Porsche-owner-slapped-400-fines-despite-space.html

Maybe he or she is ill in hospital/even died, clearly the car isn't being used and is now untaxed.

However the Daily Fail journo, and the neighbours, reckon the real story is that the 'fine will go up' and the problem is ''he won't display a permit'' and ''this is the most ticketed car''.

Good for him/her.

Why the heck should they display a half-baked permit, if it's their space?

Anyone know which nasty PPC infests this car park with deluded residents all bleating in a row, rushing to display their permits like good boys & girls?
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    To be fair it does look like he is parked across two spaces.

And can you tell me where your comment about "deluded residents" comes from. I can see one quote which is about him "not giving a s""t". From the article there doesn't seem to be a whole queue of residents condemning him (and knowing the Daily Fail they woul have tried to find them) nor boasting about showing their permits.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    He is clearly preventing small triangular cars or large Dairylea cheese triangles from parking in the adjacent slot.

Probably the latter if his neighbours are cheesed off.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    He is clearly preventing small triangular cars or large Dairylea cheese triangles from parking in the adjacent slot.

Probably the latter if his neighbours are cheesed off.

thats "cracker"barrel
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    NeilCr wrote: »
    To be fair it does look like he is parked across two spaces.

And can you tell me where your comment about "deluded residents" comes from. I can see one quote which is about him "not giving a s""t". From the article there doesn't seem to be a whole queue of residents condemning him (and knowing the Daily Fail they woul have tried to find them) nor boasting about showing their permits.

It's a triangle in the corner as there is no parking space to the right of him. His parking is okay it's not another bay, quite clear from the photo but it is the daily fail. I hope his a barrister and he is just toying with them.
  • NeilCr
    edited 13 May 2018 at 6:43PM
    It's a triangle in the corner as there is no parking space to the right of him. His parking is okay it's not another bay, quite clear from the photo but it is the daily fail. I hope his a barrister and he is just toying with them.

That's very fair comment. You're absolutely right. I missed the last photo.

Still not so sure about the comments re other residents, though.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's very fair comment. You're absolutely right. I missed the last photo.

Still not so sure about the comments re other residents, though.

Mr and Mrs "norris cole" ?
  • NeilCr
    Mr and Mrs "norris cole" ?

I've always thought that Malcolm Hebden is a damn fine actor, personally!

:beer::beer:
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,019 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There's going to be tears when the little fella want his parking space for this:

Kid-Trolle.png
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    And can you tell me where your comment about "deluded residents" comes from.
    I guessed (perhaps wrongly) that someone who lived there had taken those pics and sent them to the Daily Fail...and that residents made the comment about the driver 'not giving a shtt' about displaying a permit.

I do get the impression from reading the mountains of threads about residential parking issues here and on pepipoo for the past couple of years that there is something of a sheep mentality with people prepared to display a permit because someone tells them to, even if they have exclusive rights to the space.

The amount of times we ask people ''why are you even displaying a permit - you own the space?!'' and they invariably reply ''ohhh...never thought about it'' and then set about shutting the door after the horse has almost bolted whilst juggling a multi-ticket court claim.

Hence 'deluded'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure