IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS disregards evidence and rules in favour of member

So here is the issue. Got a PCN for parking infront my home. But the PCN wrongly stated the address. The PCN was issued by Parking & Property Management (PPM) on private land. But the location given is wrong and council property. Strangely enough, the documents submitted by PPM did not provide proof that they had authority to issue tickets on council property or private land as required by Section B.1.1 of the IPC Code. The adjudicator stated "While noting the Appellant's comments I am satisfied on the evidence provided that the Operator has the authority to issue and enforce PCNs at this site." None was provided by the operator for the site nor the council property it claimed I was parked on which was factually false.

Question here is what is the relevance of stating the location of the vehicle in the PCN if the adjuciator ignores it completely. It appears fraudulent that the operatory (PPM) issues PCN for council property despite proof of parking was different and the IAS rules in their favour. Who else has faced same? Is there anyway to have the IAS censure its adjudicators for decisions that claim evidence was viewed that was not submitted by the operator. Do I initiate a court challenge against PPM?

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You ask "Who else has faced same? "

Many have.

You need to read the NEWBIES FAQ thread to better understand the game you are caught up in.

In there you will see that the general advice on here is to never bother with the second level appeal to the IAS, simply because it is extremely unlikely that you will win.

You have no chance of getting them to change their mind.

You now need to accept that you will receive a barrage of debt collector's letters and post #4 of that NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread gives good guidance on how to deal with them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    If you'd come here first and read our consistent advice, you wouldn't have bothered with the IAS. No chance! Read the NEWBIES thread post #3 all about that kangaroo court, and post #4 about ignoring debt collection letters for now.

You will need to come back if/when Gladstones solicitors (who are connected to the IPC and IAS...read all about it by Googling!) start a court claim.

These cases are not won at IAS, they are won by defending a small claim. NOT a big deal, no risk, nothing scary, no huge costs, no CCJ, and we see people win almost every case.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you had Jesus, the Pope and Mother Theresa as witnesses they would say they weren't independent so couldn't be relied on.

Ignore the verdict.
  • I don't want to wait for them to make a claim against me.. I want to go after them first. Is that possible?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Of course it is. Sue who you like.

Who do you want to 'go after'?
    PPM or IPC?

What are you going to claim?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ninjapark wrote: »
    I don't want to wait for them to make a claim against me.. I want to go after them first. Is that possible?

Only if you had a cause of action. Can't see that you do, but all these drivel cases are defendable.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You will know by now that the IPC/IAS is just a major
    scam invented by the incompetent Gladstones Solicitors

IPC members are scammers in their own right and that
    is why they belong to this SCAM CLUB

Any rejection from the IPC kangaroo court can be taken
    with a pinch of salt, A real judge is your answer and that
    is where Gladstones get zapped because they are so
    incompetent ..... all with the help of this forum

Chill and wait
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Why on earth doesn't the Law Society close down these cowboys and rescind their licence?
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In the mean time, get it in writing from the council that the place parked is council property and that they do not have permission/a contract to ""manage""parking where you parked.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 May 2018 at 9:46AM
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Why on earth doesn't the Law Society close down these cowboys and rescind their licence?

Gladstones have been reported to the SRA by many, one
    being a Scottish MP

The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) claim they are
    Protecting consumers of legal services

I think most on here have a better chance of seeing
    a flying pig than action by the SRA

There is good reason to ask the government to set up
    a new Regulator to regulate the Solicitors Regulation Authority
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories