From Blobby to Gobby

Comments

• supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Can tick some baking off my To Do list.

Found 9 eggs still left in a box of 12 with the expiry date a couple of days ago. So have made cheese scones and pancakes.

Tested one pancake and two cheese scones ;) but how that's going to affect the losing the 1kg I'm not sure :rotfl:

I've boiled up the remaining 6 eggs which will be good snacks for the rest of the week - the only eggs I'm going to be having this weekend :easter_os
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Popped into town and got my Greggs freebie, a butter chicken bake - 316 calories. Of course its Saturday night and its been a takeaway followed by ice-cream. I need to pull myself up tomorrow and get back on the diet.

I used up a boots voucher and then a bodyshop voucher earlier today - not really money saving but I feel very pampered tonight.

Got a few things done around the house today, not really anything off my list, but its certainly looking a lot healthier.

I've just realised its 11.45, not sure why I'm still up this late and I think its time for bed. Night all :)

To Do
    Run twice a week - tick (need to do another run)
    Start cycling more - tick
    Do Current a/c switch - tick
    Don't eat chocolate - this is going well
    Get more freebies from Greggs - all got now
    Lose 1 kg
    Stretch Exercises
    Baking - some done, more to do
    Homework
    PPI Claims
    Move utilities from Avro to Oneselect - tick
  • supersaver1000
    An unusually large food day today, family easter meal, but no easter eggs! A first for me and I'm really proud of that.

Just looking at my to do lists and I seem to have left the frogs until last, of course. I think I'll have to shift the baking off until the frogs are eaten first (and that might help with no.1 on the list too).

To Do
    Lose 1 kg
    Stretch Exercises
    Homework
    PPI Claims
    Baking - some done, more to do
  • supersaver1000
    edited 2 April 2018 at 5:29PM
    So I've still not eaten my frogs, but I've eaten a lot of other things :D(quick update I'm sorting out my paperwork folder - so a frog eaten there as it was starting to fall out all over the place.

I've just used the Sainsburys basics berry mix together with some jumbo oats going spare to make the blueberry-and-oat-bars. If they work I will try some using the Aldi smoothie mix (with beetroot)! I've still got to make the date bars and the cereal bars from the supersavvy cook book. Not good for weight losing but am pleased to be using up spare ingredients and making space in the freezer and cupboards.

Going to remove baking from my to do list, I think I've got that one covered and need to tackle the frogs in April:

To Do
    Lose 1 kg
    Stretch Exercises
    Homework
    PPI Claims
  • supersaver1000
    Blueberry and Oat bars were a real hit. They were made with cupboard essentials, some sainsbugs basics frozen fruit and some bargain jumbo oats that I didn't like in my porridge. I may have to pop to sainsbugs to buy some more fruit.

Am a bit perplexed about my shopping. Have booked a regular A$da delivery to save money, but my shopping has gone up to £100+ per week. I'm still in my budget but I thought I would be way under. However, we are eating very very well, and the fridge always has lovely things in - well gets a bit sparse a night or two before the delivery - but that's good isn't it.

Maybe I'm still bedding in the shopping habits - and I'm not forever running out of loo roll, kitchen roll, foil etc. as I make sure its on the list. That is saving me lots of energy and I'm much less stressed and have more energy for home cooking.

Right, off to have a little look around the forums before bedtime.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Not much clue on the upwardly-mobile shopping totals, but I have found I spend less when the weather's miserable as I live too close to the shops to justify a delivery and it's amazing what we can make do with if necessary!

The cycling and running seem to be going especially well - well done! And no Easter eggs!! If that kilo doesn't shift this week it will because you've converted fat to muscle. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • supersaver1000
    Thanks Cherryfudge that cheered me up :)

I don't think that kilo will go. Had a free work lunch today and it was a lovely hot meal with pudding :D

Been waiting in for the A$da order and was going to cook a lovely Paella but it was nearly an hour late and now too late to cook - so it will be one of the frozen pizzas tonight. Was feeling very stressed about it - not sure why. It was showing as delivered and the call centre said the money had been charged to my account but the order was nowhere to be seen. I think I was getting cross that my order might have been delivered elsewhere and it was almost a £100 shop - took a lot of thinking about to put the list together and it was frustrating to think it wouldn't arrive. Wish they would just send round a message to say problems being experienced.

I think I need a weekend to relax. One good thing about the order coming was the cheeky £1 asda gin and slimline tonic :rotfl: Feel like I need several more though - thank goodness I only ordered 1.

Didn't manage a weekend run, but managed a 4+ mile run this week. Not sure if that will balance out the lovely meal and cheesecake pudding at work :rotfl:
  • Cherryfudge
    I'm sure the kilo will go, it may just take a very little bit longer. :) Well done for running more than 4 miles! It's funny how the once-impossible becomes part of life, isn't it? You will certainly have burned off a few calories and speeded up your metabolism for a while.

Shame about the paella, especially with the attendant worries about the delivery and probably feeling tired & hungry to boot. Frozen pizza is a good stop-gap though, and maybe if you email to say there was a problem and you had to change your plans, they might either let you know in future or give you some sort of credit.

• supersaver1000
    Thanks Cherryfudge. Weighed this morning and I gained a kilo :eek: Not sure how that happened and I really don't feel any different - my clothes don't feel tighter. I guess its only a kilo but :eek:

The good thing is that I haven't been pigging out, just eating well and regularly, so I guess now I need to keep doing the same but just a little less. I always want it to just drop off but I'm really not good when I'm hungry and always end up stuffing my face in the end.

Going to keep on going as I am but just trying to watch what I eat a bit more and up the exercise.

Glad the weekend is here, had trouble getting up this morning. Looking forward to that paella shortly with an Aldi beer, courtesy of MrSS :) I know its not a night out, but I've grown to appreciate good food and time with my family - I think its called contentment :):)
  • Cherryfudge
    Glad the weekend is here, had trouble getting up this morning. Looking forward to that paella shortly with an Aldi beer, courtesy of MrSS :) I know its not a night out, but I've grown to appreciate good food and time with my family - I think its called contentment :):)

What a perfect note on which to start the weekend. :)

A kilo gained could just be a fluctuation, couldn't it? See how the average goes over a few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family