LG Freeview missing channels

OK first of all let me set the scene we have a number of Freeview televisions in the house.

We also have indoor ariels as the outdoor ariel is not good enough so all our TVs have an indoor ariel connected to them.

On my Freeview TV I can get channels like 4 Music but on the other one I can't get 4 Music along with Channels like Pop, Kix or Pop Max.

The problem seems to be that the Toshiba one which I have can get all the channels but the LG one can't.

I have retuned the TV a number of times and done a factory reset more than once.

The LG TV has not been used for a number of months.

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Freeview (and DAB) is broadcast in multiplexes (mux for short) - a group of channels. It looks like one of your TVs is missing one mux.

You may have a better aerial, or it may be in a better position, or the TV might just have a better tuner.
    Without spending any money on aerials or wiring, move the TV with the channels missing to where the 'good' TV is, and plug it into that aerial. Do a retune on it.
    If the TVs are equal, it will have picked up the missing channels - check them.
    Move the TV back to where it was. Check again. You've now at least got those channels stored, even if the other aerial is too weak to pick them up properly. Now you can decide to put up with it, or move or upgrade the 'second' aerial.
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I went there and talked to the man at Know How or whatever it is called and he told me that the area of the house has a weaker signal. I can't move it as it is positioned to the wall. That room has had weak signals on things like mobiles.
  • ahai1
    The seond ariel is actually better than the first one.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I went there and talked to the man at Know How or whatever it is called

Probably "Don't know how" Have you taken the good advice to check the LG at the known better aerial socket?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    giraffe69 wrote: »
    Have you taken the good advice to check the LG at the known better aerial socket?
    Answer already provided by the OP;
    ahai1 wrote: »
    I can't move it as it is positioned to the wall.
  • ahai1
    The channels that I am getting are fine and clear.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    DTV is strange. I have one multiplex that shows weaker than the rest even though it is transmitted at the same strength as the others. You could try and manually tune the missing multiplex.
  • ahai1
    How do I do that? I have never done it and I no longer have the manual.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Not all Muxes are transmitted at the same power; For instance, in my region PSB 1,2 & 3 are at 100kW - the rest are at ~ 50kW with the local channels at 10kW .
    In bad weather, my loft aerial struggles to pick up the local channels at all, altho the roof aerial picks everything up.
    With an indoor aerial plus booster, I only get the main TV stations (~ 15 channels) on PSB 1 & 2 - sometimes I even lose these.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I no longer have the manual.

You can usually get past manuals on the website of the manufacturer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts