IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent help! Gladstones letter before claim

Options

Comments

• TW2011
    TW2011 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Yes that's right, the directions questionnaire is what I mean.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If they believe the claim has been stayed, check with the court - otherwise you assume it is live. Meaning...

...you need to get cracking on your WS and evidence

You MUST absolutely adduce into evidence:
    1) NCP confirming that the defendant has absolutely no liability in this matter, and you request the court as a preliminary matter to strike out the case entirely as it cannot possibly succeed. You Could do this NOW
    2) NCP confirming that one of the PCNs has been cancelled, ref... and that this requires AT MINIMUM the Particular s of Claim to be re-pleaded, as they are now materially differ from that initially submitted and defended. You instead ask that, given the embarrassing nature of the PoC that the claim is instead struck out, for lacking any cause of action for all pleaded elements.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good to have you posting here as well as on pepipoo, nosferatu1001. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "Good to have you posting here as well as on pepipoo, nosferatu1001. :) "

+1
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Lamilad wrote: »
    "Good to have you posting here as well as on pepipoo, nosferatu1001. :) "

+1

I don't think parking companies will be saying that. :beer:
  • TW2011
    Options
    I will absolutely be using these points in the case, how does the WS differ from the defence already filed? Would i write to my local court where the case will be heard enclosing a copy of the letters that I have received?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    WS are covered in the NEWBIES thread, and explained here by Johnersh:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72982953#post72982953

Examples are in the NEWBIES thread post #2.
  • TW2011
    Options
    An update for you all: After a couple of letters back and forth with NCP we have today received letters confirming that the remaining 4 PCN's have now been cancelled. Although no mention of instructing Gladstones to withdraw the claim as I have asked them to confirm they will/have done this several times, just the same old template letter. What happens now? Should I contact the court to see if the claim has been discontinued or should I get a notice from the court? And if not where do I go from there. If the communication is still as shoddy between Gladstones and NCP then I cant rely on the fact that NCP have told them that the PCN's are now cancelled.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Should I contact the court to see if the claim has been discontinued
    Yes, and attach a copy of the proof that the Claimant has cancelled all charges. Ask the court if they've received a letter of discontinuance.

Very well done - I think we probably mentioned that NCP really are court-shy!!
  • TW2011
    Options
    Hello all, notice of discontinuance has been received so this ordeal is finally over. NCP were clearly unaware of the actions Gladstones had taken and hopefully they have received a royal bollocking from NCP and lost their business, I hope other PC's will also follow suit and put them out of business. Massive thanks and appreciation to all those who have offered advice and support
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure