Sell your story/letters/photos... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

14567810»

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    About 20 yrs ago I had a true life story published in more I had £50 for that it was funny reading tree version name changes - add a bit of glitz, beat bit my then ex never realised it was about him!

In 2014 had a photo of me and dd in take a break - we got £50 for it x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Hello,

This afternoon I witnessed a very angry delivery man smash a neighbour's parcel against a wall after writing out a 'sorry we missed you card'. I managed to get a film of it on my phone. I couldn't see exactly where he posted the card but I posted a note in the letterbox of who I believe the parcel was for, saying what I had witnessed and offering to send the video.

One of my initial thoughts was to write to a newspaper reporting the incident and I am posting for advice on whether that should be something I could do or on what action I should take up next. If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate it.

Best wishes!
  • FennecFox wrote: »
    Hello,

This afternoon I witnessed a very angry delivery man smash a neighbour's parcel against a wall after writing out a 'sorry we missed you card'. I managed to get a film of it on my phone. I couldn't see exactly where he posted the card but I posted a note in the letterbox of who I believe the parcel was for, saying what I had witnessed and offering to send the video.

One of my initial thoughts was to write to a newspaper reporting the incident and I am posting for advice on whether that should be something I could do or on what action I should take up next. If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate it.

Best wishes!

Great idea, IMO! Did you get the name of the company he works for - did he have a uniform, or did you spot a branded works van? Offer it as a story to the papers / magazines, and if you have no luck how about posting it as a YouTube video warning against this courier in your postal area? (You could of course also report it to the chap's company - find a head office email address...)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure