MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    gardner1 wrote: »
    might take a bit longer for your final bill from octopus,i switched to eversmart on 11th and got this reply to my query regarding final bill

"Your final statement from us is taking a little longer than expected to produce, this is due to the amount of background work that is still being done for all previous Iresa customers. I assure you that as soon as everything is sorted we will get that sent over to you.
    Kind Regards
    Luke"

That's rather annoying, especially as I didn't have any issues with my Iresa account and all was as it should have been. Hopefully they'll sort the issues quickly. Not impressed that they haven't even acknowledged my switch though.
  • Received an email from Octopus this morning with 8 points to help me settle into my Octopus Account...they know I am switching later this month...sorting out a bill to date so I can keep any eye on my account would have been better
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    That's rather annoying, especially as I didn't have any issues with my Iresa account and all was as it should have been. Hopefully they'll sort the issues quickly. Not impressed that they haven't even acknowledged my switch though.

Same here...... i had £55 credit and no acknowledgement of switch,in fact my octopus account page still doesn't show my tariff or much else
  • Deafening silence here from both losing supplier (Octopus) and gaining supplier (Usio) altho Western Power site shows that my supplier is now Usio.

Usio took the first DD yesterday.

Octopus still have my bank details for a DD -I'm checking my current account every day to make sure that they don't attempt to set one up. I'll settle with them by debit card when they produce a bill I can agree with:)

Fortunately my Octopus account will be in debit when they finally get round to calculating the bill-so they can take as long as they like with the Iresa "background" works:rotfl:
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2018 at 11:58AM
    The only thing up to date info on the Octopus app is the stupid moving octopus and

"Hey! Just so you know, your device is fully charged and you're still charging it. Removing the charger will avoid degrading your battery " message
  • Enstroga switch has miraculously gone through! Not sure how that happened so quickly after the Octopus block but I am very relieved. Gas with Zog is set for Saturday.

The one upside to this debacle is I am now determined to keep weekly photographic records of the meters so I'm covered should another company go bust and so that we can drive down usage!
  • Octopus also told me I'd be waiting a while for a final bill due to the "Iresa mess".
  • Rosabear wrote: »
    Octopus also told me I'd be waiting a while for a final bill due to the "Iresa mess".

Can't really understand that for customers like us who agreed the final position with Iresa, in order to get any credits transferred over. My closing balance with Iresa has been showing on Octopus site since 20th August when Octopus sent me an email confirming that the Iresa position was finalised and the account closed.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2018 at 12:12PM
    My switches appear to have gone through OK. Tariff details have vanished from Octopus, though no 'goodbye' email yet. My leccy account is now showing as being with Eversmart on the MPAN database, though still waiting for online account access from them. Submitted meter reading by email in the meantime.
    My new gas supplier (Angelic) emailed to confirm I am on supply with them. But on checking with the MPRN database, my supplier is still registered with them as being Iresa! Hmm...
    For those of us whose Octopus accounts are in credit, they really have no incentive to produce final bills until they are near to the 6 week deadline.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • macman wrote: »
    My switches appear to have gone through OK. Tariff details have vanished from Octopus, though no 'goodbye' email yet. My leccy account is now showing as being with Eversmart on the MPAN database, though still waiting for online account access from them. Submitted meter reading by email in the meantime.
    My new gas supplier (Angelic) emailed to confirm I am on supply with them. But on checking with the MPRN database, my supplier is still registered with them as being Iresa! Hmm...
    For those of us whose Octopus accounts are in credit, they really have no incentive to produce final bills until they are near to the 6 week deadline.

Are we going to get any interest on our credit balances?

Love and power :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport