PPI reclaim and IVA's

Hi i wonder if you can help, I was wondering am i am to claim any PPI on things that may have been put into an IVA?

8-10 years ago we had to go into an IVA and some things were paid off via this process, now does this mean I am unable to claim PPI on these?

After seeing last nights episode I am starting to wonder if I should have a go at seeing if we are owed anything.

Thanks
R

Comments

• roisin75 wrote: »
    starting to wonder if I should have a go at seeing if we are owed anything.
    You need to understand that PPI redress is not "owed", it is the result of a successful mis-selling complaint.

If you make a PPI mis-selling complaint to a former lender who agreed to write off interest etc as part of your IVA then that lender would offset any such unpaid monies against any redress you may be awarded.
  • You need to understand that PPI redress is not "owed", it is the result of a successful mis-selling complaint.

If you make a PPI mis-selling complaint to a former lender who agreed to write off interest etc as part of your IVA then that lender would offset any such unpaid monies against any redress you may be awarded.

thank you - i will look through my files and see how the land lies, I do have 2 mortgages on my list that wouldnt have gone into the ivA so maybe worth checking them as husband was self employed and I am sure we had protection!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Self employment is covered by mortgage PPI I'm afraid.
  • roisin75
    roisin75 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Self employment is covered by mortgage PPI I'm afraid.

That is perfect thank you for that - then i feel i have covered what i need to
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure