Dashboard cam holder?

Irony
Irony Posts: 768
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
I've got a Nextbase 212 dash cam,it came with a windscreen suction holder. I dislike these suction ones & would like something that can go on the dashboard instead,can you guys suggest an alternative holder?
It has no threaded bottom so I can't use my Mobius holder:( (which was fab)
Would anyone recommend one of those "lazy"gooseneck bracket types?
Thanks

Comments

• Jackmydad
    Jackmydad Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I've got a sort of rubber mat with a shiny plastic suction cup "place" on it. It just sits on top of the dash over towards the passenger side.. The rubber's pretty "sticky" so it doesn't slide about. It just peeps over the bottom of the screen.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Irony wrote: »
    I've got a Nextbase 212 dash cam,it came with a windscreen suction holder. I dislike these suction ones & would like something that can go on the dashboard instead,can you guys suggest an alternative holder?
    It has no threaded bottom so I can't use my Mobius holder:( (which was fab)
    Would anyone recommend one of those "lazy"gooseneck bracket types?
    Thanks

There's nothing wrong with the suction mounts, on my last car it stayed in place for 4 years........

Basically as long as no moron ever spits on or licks it (I don't how where this stupid habit came from), as long as it's clean and the window is clean, it'll never comes loose.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Strider590 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with the suction mounts, on my last car it stayed in place for 4 years........

Basically as long as no moron ever spits on or licks it (I don't how where this stupid habit came from), as long as it's clean and the window is clean, it'll never comes loose.
    That is, however, until you actually have an accident ;)

The best mounts for dashcams tend to be the ones that are fixed with 3M pads onto the dashboard.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    http://buybits.com/

If you can't find one here you probably won't find one :-)
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    neilmcl wrote: »
    That is, however, until you actually have an accident ;)

The best mounts for dashcams tend to be the ones that are fixed with 3M pads onto the dashboard.

You could hang off my suction mount and it was only a cheap thing from China.

Trouble with 3M sticky pads is that most aren't really 3M.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Irony
    Irony Posts: 768
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The mat for the suction won't lay flat on my type of dash.
    Enter the Poundshop;) I bought the mobile phone tripod & the holder(utech?) with green sticky gel pad.
    The gel ones holds but looks like a crane on the dash(it has a sticky pad to attach to its suction pad.
    The tripod gave me an eureka moment. It has a spring loaded holder that's threaded,that thread fits my mobius dash holder & the Newbase fits lovely.
    Big X guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport