Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Comments

• dings74
    dings74 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Hi Dings74,

With your supply going live on the 5th June you will not be able to create an online account until then - which I know is probably rather annoying for yourself and many others. Once your account has been created you will be able to find out information of your tariff, payments, bills etc... you will also be able to submit your meter reads.

As most customers I am sure you do have concerns, I know myself when I try something different and new I have concerns, but we are here to help and answer your questions so please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Thank you
    Megan

Hi Megan I set up an online account weeks ago?
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    RoughRook wrote: »
    Having a problem setting up a username/password with this company's website, same as spud17 mentioned previously.

I enter 8 characters for password, one being numeric and one being a special character, EXACTLY as instructed. Tried several times, and used both Chrome and Firefox browsers. Spud17 said they'd used Waterfox browser, so that's 3 browsers that have failed.

Have emailed company regarding this on 21st May. Still no response from them.

Have received final bill from previous supplier. Cannot set up online account with Green Star Energy.

Not impressed.
    @RoughRook
    You may already know, Waterfox is a 64bit browser very similar to Firefox.
    I have managed to set up an online account, but not convinced that Green Star's idea of online security is the same as mine.
    I managed it by using an outdated browser, Internet Explorer 11, (it is hidden in Windows 10), but is available.
    Without going through all the permutations, I succeeded by using only lower case, a few numbers and the '@' as my special character.
    After all that, my meters are still not linked, electricity changed on 19th May and gas allegedly 30th May.
    I'll investigate more over the weekend when I've worked up the enegy.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • Owt4nowt
    Owt4nowt Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just thought I'd post a quick update to my initial post earlier.

Green Star have now taken their first direct debit, but my old supplier (Scottish Power) have also taken their direct debit. So I have paid twice for my energy this month. I'm not sure which payment was correct as my online accounts with both suppliers seem to show them as supplying at least one of my energies.

My on-line account with Green Star is still exactly as it was when I created it on my switch over date which was the 15th May. So I still can not enter meter readings.

I will now email both Scottish Power and Green Star to see if I can gain further information regarding why both have taken a direct debit and also when the switch will be complete and the final bill from Scottish Power will be issued.
  • sam1970
    sam1970 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    This is a question for Green star Rep. here so I will appreciate reply. I signed for your unlimited tariff and you started supplying on 13 April. The fixed monthly payment is £150 taken on the first of the month and you have collected two payments (01 May and 01 June). Today Green star issued a bill for the period 13 April-30 April for £89 and my account now is showing credit of £209.
    When I signed, I understood that I will pay £150 (as decided by Green star Energy) and have unlimited use of gas and electricity so what is this bill for? At this rate I will come to a stage when my account will be in debit so how do you call it unlimited tariff? Have I been tricked?
  • dings74
    dings74 Posts: 17 Forumite
    dings74 wrote: »
    Hi Megan I set up an online account weeks ago?

Hi Dings74,

With your supply going live on the 5th June you will not be able to create an online account until then - which I know is probably rather annoying for yourself and many others. Once your account has been created you will be able to find out information of your tariff, payments, bills etc... you will also be able to submit your meter reads.

As most customers I am sure you do have concerns, I know myself when I try something different and new I have concerns, but we are here to help and answer your questions so please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Thank you
    Megan

Well I said I would feedback and I will. Today is switching day O logged onto my online account and have been able to supply my meter readings.

so so far so goodish....:T
  • DO NOT move to Greenstar.

AWFUL, absolutely AWFUL, shame on MSE for showing them as No1, might think about using the switch service again!!

first of all, they claim to have an app, that doesn't work
    you phone, minimum 25 mins on hold, to then be told, there is a system error, each time you call? i think not
    then try and use their voicemail system to submit meter reading. got cut off, phone back, then says and error, can't do it.
    call up tell them (after 25 min hold).
    email to complain, "we'll deal with thin in 7 days", nearly a month later, no contact.
    email and call again, same "system issues"
    essentailly dreadful.
    apparently there is a gas database freeze, so says old supplier first Utility.
    was i told?
    was it anywhere on MSE? not that i could see, so now stuck with old expensive supplier until it lifts!
    NEVER USE THEM, please spare yourself the time and effort
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dave5birch wrote: »
    apparently there is a gas database freeze, so says old supplier first Utility.
    was i told?
    was it anywhere on MSE? not that i could see, so now stuck with old expensive supplier until it lifts!

Yeah it was actually...
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2017/05/gas-switch-delays

Should start to clear any day now.
  • murphydavid
    murphydavid Posts: 832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    Yeah it was actually...
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2017/05/gas-switch-delays

Should start to clear any day now.
    It Says "Customers could be stuck on pricier energy tariffs for up to an extra three weeks" um really? I don't know about others but I thought you get the new tariff on the readings you give!
  • Jezz75
    Jezz75 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Just been contacted by greenstar. We closed our account 10 months ago and they have just notified us they have refunded us twice last October. Apparently they have passed us on to debt collection agency. They have sent no emails or snail mail to us and this is the first we knew about it. Can anyone advise please?
    Very annoyed and upset.
  • Owt4nowt
    Owt4nowt Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another update regarding the problems with my transfer to Green Star.

As detailed in my last post an email was sent to both Scottish Power and Green Star asking why both had taken a direct debit.

Scottish Power have replied advising they are still my provider for electricity but not gas. My gas was transferred to Green Star as planned on 14/05/17.

Green Star have yet to reply to my email sent 5 days ago. So I have now sent another email to request a response.

However Green Star did email me yesterday to confirm my meter readings submitted by email on 15/05/17 have been successfully recorded in my Green Star Energy Account.

I suppose as long as when I flick the switch the light comes on I should consider myself lucky.

Hopefully Green Star will respond to my emails soon and we can sort the problems out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback