eBay

2»

Comments

• techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    You can't use a service and then expect them to change the price AFTER you have used it - just for you.

This is nuts. Why should you pay different fees to the rest of us?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 November 2012 at 4:47PM
    Thank you peeps for your replies...
    The dispute ironically is to do with the excessive charges.
    PayPal charged me £30 odd for putting the money from the buyer into that account, PayPal being linked to eBay.
    Then when eBay charge me another £80 plus for selling the watch I am £110 short ok the watch sold for £970 but with ( in my opinion) over 10% charges taking PayPal and eBay combined I thought this was unreasonable.
    Someone at eBay said they would contact me as my dispute was being forwarded to the relevant dept. but I heard nothing.
    And all I got was automated rubbish saying please pay .
    I emailed back saying would someone please just talk to me..... No one did

So in short. you used Ebay and Paypal without any idea of the costs involved.
    The costs were as listed on both sites.
    pay your dues
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Hi,
    2 months ago I had a dispute about charges they levied on an item I sold... I will say by the way that the charges were correct according to ebays t&cs.
    However they said that they would look into itand someone would speak to me within 72 hrs also that they would put a £20 spending credit? To my account.
    I was happyish with that however they did not contact and nothing got put onto my account.
    I told them that my payment to them would be sent the same way as they sent my £20 ...I am happy to pay this debt but in principle as they owed me money and that this was to be paid/ put onto my account before the due date of my bill I thought that I was being fair ,I also advised them of this in subsequent emails to eBay.
    Numerous automated messages later (I have asked to just speak to someone sensible) they have now got a debt collection agency onto me. I have yet again tried to communicate with eBay over the phone, incurred charges re phone bill etc probably far outweighing the £20 credit thing they are offering.
    The bill has also now increased by £16 because of this debt collection agency.
    How can they justify sending in the dogs when they have attempted no real communication. Can I do the same for my phone charges and my time and the £20 credit they owe me? And how can I fight eBay ?
    Especially as I can find no one in eBay higher than a supervisor in debts to speak to over the phone. They have given me an address in Ireland but this seems a bit of a fob off in my opinion....HELP

Hi Bilb0Baggins - as 00ec25 has said, we're referring people on to our Consumer Helpline for consumer issues like this, so we would recommend that you call the Helpline (08454 04 05 06, 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays) or contacting your local bureau.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    custardy wrote: »
    So in short. you used Ebay and Paypal without any idea of the costs involved.
    The costs were as listed on both sites.
    pay your dues

as he says, the fees are listed on both sites,
    - appears you didn't read them,
    - the fees have been charged at the rates you didn't read,
    - you now owe the charges

advice?
    pay more attention to reading
  • Thank you all...... Noted and paid up.
    Lesson learned the hard way....to be honest I struggle to wade through pages and pages of rubbish to get to the real facts... But it is still my fault and so I paid up..... THE END
  • Atidi
    Atidi Posts: 943 Forumite
    So you obviously didn't get advice from your local CAB bureau, but did you call the helpline like the CAB National Representative suggested? If so what did they suggest?

Or was the time & effort spent by the CAB National Representative answering your query a complete waste?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure