PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House not selling....help?

Comments

• I'm going to buck the trend and say I quite like the way that the dining room and conservatory have been presented.
    Its quite obvious that it wont take anything to convert the 2 rooms back to their intended use but also does give the idea that a dependant relative (or student) could live very comfortably in the space with access to the garden very easily.

No idea on prices for the area so I'll not comment on that.
    Buyers can be a little spooked by charges and clearly you have some for living in that area,all you can do is be upfront as possible with them in the understanding that their is no surprises midway through conveyancing....as a purchaser when you view a property at on a "select development" its appealing,the jitters start when the words "private maintainence" come up....I live on an unadopted road of 5 houses and whilst I've not sold I am aware of those neighbours around who all say its a case of waiting for the buyer who understands the situation of contributing to a sinking fund for repairs.

I might be tempted to take the property down and remarket again after Christmas.We are getting into that time of year when no one moves unless its to be in for Christmas and you've missed that deadline.

Do you have any indication as to why your other buyers pulled out..was there an issue with the property/survey ?
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • Remarket in the New Year with better pics in a more logical order. Explain in more detail how this private estate thing works. Emphasise that this is a family home that you've lived in for 25 years.

It looks a nice place for the right family.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Gilead
    Gilead Posts: 90 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think it is the time of year, unless you get a really keen buyer.

We went sale agreed for asking price in July after being on the market for 6 days - had to put back on the market in October as the buyers couldn't get a mortgage. While we have had steady viewings, no serious offers at the moment. I'm tempted to take it down and put up in the new year. We are sale agreed on a property but they have a boundary/title issue to resolve that looks set to take a while.

If you see similar properties going for in and around your asking price I'd say it is just a timing issue.
  • Definitely remarket when the weather is better. I know you are no where near the river and smaller streams but Lowdham / Lambley have hit the local headlines regarding flooding and this could be putting people off.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Definitely remarket when the weather is better. I know you are no where near the river and smaller streams but Lowdham / Lambley have hit the local headlines regarding flooding and this could be putting people off.

Flood maps have nothing near this estate.

https://flood-map-for-planning.service.gov.uk/confirm-location?easting=465180&northing=347869&placeOrPostcode=Lowdham
  • getmore4less
    edited 19 November 2019 at 12:48PM
    Those 3 mile numbers suggest it is at top end for 3 beds and people can look at 4 beds forthat money.

The one linked SSTC at £260 is just round the corner on the same estate

7 properties have sold on that estate in the last 2years all 3/4 beds and the peak price was £268k

Even going back all years £280k looks optimistic and your asking is pushing the ceiling price for the estate.

Floor plan does not show the Bath some people may eliminate based on that without looking at the details.

• I know that but it's potential buyer's perception of the area.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,292 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I would certainly look at removing it from sale for a few months and spending that time decluttering, perhaps giving a couple of rooms a lick of paint and presenting the rooms as people expect they should be, i.e show the conservatory as a conservatory not a bedroom.

I know you say that it is now shown that way but your advert doesn't show that and it could be making people believe that the house is smaller than it is. Same with the clutter in the pictures, people might think you don't have enough storage space.

Remarket it in the Spring with a fresh look and I reckon you will have some offers. It isn't a bad house and is in a nice area. It just needs a bit of fine tuning to get that offer on the table.
  • +1 for all new pictures.

This time make sure that they don't use silly lenses or their Photoshop "skills" (in the loosest sense of the word) to "improve" how the pics look (Are your stairs and ovens really that wide? What about the 6 seater sofa in pic 10? Was the weather really changing that much the day they were taken? ).

If the photo's are so obviously doctored then I'd be wondering what they're trying to hide.

Also, don't let them turn the lights on for the photo's - it makes it look like the house is really dark.
  • getmore4less
    Went on June @ £300k sold in days buyer pulls out over 3 months later.

Why did they pull out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport