A real work at home job

Comments

• Oliver27
    Oliver27 Posts: 608
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    they have another job on the hirepoint website - same sort of thing with data entry i think - worth a look, think it was mentioned at meeting yesterday, same money?

Thanks for that info I wasn't aware of that, I have updated the first post
    to include this @ home job too
  • does anyone know when next training is due to start - i guess i just wait to hear from them now?
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can anyone give me some advice re my post: 1653 please?
  • RebekahR wrote: »
    ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ifilled out my application online but was still waiting for reference details so I saved it to go back into later. And it must have somehow got sent! I noticed that I had an email from them last night and then 10 minutes ago I recieved a call from America! She asked if I was still interested. I said yes but I needed to chase some reference details first. She said ok i'll send you an email with assessement details in and could I please complete within 48 hours.

I see this needs to be done on the pc you will use. Only problem is my laptop is with the techguys being mended!! So what do I do? :eek: I do have an ancient pc which I could possible use but there is no phone line near and its in a shared office. I will be working from the bedroom where there is a phone line.
    If I was to use the pc can I use my laptop later or is that it? I will be confined to the pc?

Help!! I wasn't ready for them to phone this quick esp when I had only saved it not submitted it :shocked:

Thanks in advance chaps!

i would try it on what you have available at the moment - you can use the laptop no problem when you get it back

if you are unable to do the test now, i would just email and explain to them - how long till you get your laptop back?

give them a date if possible
  • Taz02
    Taz02 Posts: 62 Forumite
    wondering if anyone can help me? doing the computer test and it failed, came up with message saying

"You must have a local router between you and the internet to run the Workbooth Software. It seems that your IP Address (/172.202.33.249) is a direct connection to the internet. Either disable this connection, or place a router between it and the Internet"

i had a modem but then replaced it with a router however the assesment is still failing and coming up with the same error message, i've got 24 hours left to complete the assesment, anyone have any advice on what to do??
  • RebekahR
    Forumite
    i would try it on what you have available at the moment - you can use the laptop no problem when you get it back

if you are unable to do the test now, i would just email and explain to them - how long till you get your laptop back?

give them a date if possible

Thank you. So longs I can use on both pcs then thats fine. I just rang hte tech guys and they dont have a date. They've had it over a week and i've not heard anything. The guy said they get over 2 thousand laptops a day and its not even been looked at yet! :confused:
  • RebekahR wrote: »
    Thank you. So longs I can use on both pcs then thats fine. I just rang hte tech guys and they dont have a date. They've had it over a week and i've not heard anything. The guy said they get over 2 thousand laptops a day and its not even been looked at yet! :confused:

well if it works on your desktop now at least that one is a working back up for future

hope poorly laptop sorted soon
  • RebekahR
    Forumite
    Doesnt work not enough mem. Am trying on my sisters laptop which is similar to mine. Only problem is .. I fill it all in get to send the assesment and then it goes back to the start welcome to the teletech agent assessment. It doesnt send it either. Why does it keep going back. Me thinks i'm missing something!Any clues?
  • Oliver27
    Oliver27 Posts: 608
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Taz02 wrote: »
    wondering if anyone can help me? doing the computer test and it failed, came up with message saying

"You must have a local router between you and the internet to run the Workbooth Software. It seems that your IP Address (/172.202.33.249) is a direct connection to the internet. Either disable this connection, or place a router between it and the Internet"

i had a modem but then replaced it with a router however the assesment is still failing and coming up with the same error message, i've got 24 hours left to complete the assesment, anyone have any advice on what to do??

Hi Taz
    Guess the checker doesn't recognise 172 address as private (NAT) addresses which is odd cause they are

What you need to do is have a read of the router manual and change
    the IP range that the router dishes out on the router config page, it will normally be under something like LAN, DHCP range, if you set the start range at 192.168.0.2 and the end at 192.168.0.50, you will also need to change the routers lan IP address to 192.168.0.1 save the changes reboot the router then the pc and retry.

If your struggling let me know the router make and model and I will look for
    a manual and try to give you step by step instructions
  • Taz02
    Taz02 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Oliver27 wrote: »
    Hi Taz
    Guess the checker doesn't recognise 172 address as private (NAT) addresses which is odd cause they are

What you need to do is have a read of the router manual and change
    the IP range that the router dishes out on the router config page, it will normally be under something like LAN, DHCP range, if you set the start range at 192.168.0.2 and the end at 192.168.0.50, you will also need to change the routers lan IP address to 192.168.0.1 save the changes reboot the router then the pc and retry.

If your struggling let me know the router make and model and I will look for
    a manual and try to give you step by step instructions

Thanx Oliver, got it working!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family