All Ireland breakdown cover, is there anyone that offers?

I live in Northern Ireland. Is anyone aware of a company that offers a standalone 'all Ireland' breakdown cover (not part of a car insurance policy). The big ones just seem to offer 'European' coverage, and I don't want to pay to be covered in 27 countries when all I do is get the odd weekend down to Donegal!

Comments

• frugalstephen
    frugalstephen Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 October 2018 at 8:12AM
    Can't even remember what my signature was LOL Surprised though that after a decade, it suddenly now finds offense! :rotfl:

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately they only cover cars up to 15 years old. I have 2 x cars to cover, one is 17 years old, and the other is 23! I'm genuinely 'frugal'!
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    With 'all of Europe' cover being the most common product, I wouldn't be surprised to find that it was just as cheap as ROI-only cover.

RAC were happy to cover my 18-year-old Mazda when I took it round France a couple of years ago.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • Rover_Driver
    Rover_Driver Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The AA.ie, may not be the cheapest, but covers the person (any vehicle) for breakdowns in Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK.
  • frugalstephen
    frugalstephen Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 October 2018 at 1:29PM
    Have now purchased 2 x policies that cover all Ireland and UK! Cheap as chips (less than £50 all in & includes 'home start'), very easy online application, backed up with a test phone call that was answered in 5 seconds. Hope I never need them though LOL

https://www.lifestyleinsurances.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport