Oofy omtimistic Octobers NSD challange.

This challenge is about setting yourself a weekly / monthly target of how many No Spend Days you would like to try and achieve during the month of October.
Keep us updated with your progress and hope you all enjoy the challange.

To join,
just post your personal target and you are on your way.

Tips for the challenge;
1. Decide on a clear goal weekly or monthly of how many No Spend days you'd like to try and achieve

2. Create a list of allowances...What counts as a spend and what doesn't. Keep the list on you so you don't fall of the wagon or make exceptions for everything

3. Keep a tally of how many NSDs you get. See if you can beat your previous amount!

We CAN do it.:money::money::money:

A big thanks to Nargleblast for the great suggestion of the word oofy~~
a 19th century word that was an informal term for rich or wealthy.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 29 October 2018 at 7:14PM
    Challangers for Octobers NSD thread.

Beanie 15 25/15 Target reached

Marmite 22 19/22

SSD23 15 22/15 Target reached :j :j

bellyflop 15 6/15

doingitanyway 15 11/15

Starting-Again 20

Nargleblast 20 14/20

Hopeless Case 20 10/20

jodles16 15 3/15

S1N 25 20 3/20

millan 15 4/15

Honeysucklelou2 10 7/15

chocolate lover 93 15 7/15

Chandelier 15 10/15

Apricity 15 3/15

TizerCat 15 1/15
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Hello beanielou - sign me up for 15 NSD's please :)
    This will be anything outside of food, petrol, and monthly contractual repayments :) x
  • Also, cheekily, nothing spent today so NSD 1/15 if allowed :A
  • beanielou
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Also, cheekily, nothing spent today so NSD 1/15 if allowed :A

Of course :)
    Great start :j :j

• bellyflop
    bellyflop Posts: 15 Forumite
    Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie. Please can I try for 15 NSD's please??
    Oct NSD 7/15
    Oct £2 per day £41.00/£62.00
    Oct Grocery Challenge £137.54/£250
  • beanielou
    bellyflop wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie. Please can I try for 15 NSD's please??

Of course you can.
    Welcome to our lovely thread :)

• bellyflop
    bellyflop Posts: 15 Forumite
    Thank you. 1st NSD down. V pleased with myself
    Oct NSD 7/15
    Oct £2 per day £41.00/£62.00
    Oct Grocery Challenge £137.54/£250
  • beanielou
    bellyflop wrote: »
    Thank you. 1st NSD down. V pleased with myself

So you should be :)

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    15 NSDs for me Beanie please :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    15 NSDs for me Beanie please :)

Of course doingitanyway :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure