NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober

Options

Comments

• Purpleroses
    Options
    This sounds like a fab challenge count me in :)
  • nannygladys
    Options
    Fell off wagon big time, so count me in please
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• WelshKitty85
    Options
    Please will you have me back for October?
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Can I join in again please.

Need to keep on track to the end of the year........
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • thriftylass
    Options
    Good morning and glad to see you all back.

Gobstopper, now now there's an I idea how to physically prevent me from smoking and drinking ;) Now I can't not read that either :)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning

I would like to join please

M
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gobstopper, now now there's an I idea how to physically prevent me from smoking and drinking ;)Now I can't not read that either :)

Nor can I now…… apple has a lot to answer for! :rotfl:;):D xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the new challenge Thrifty, I'm in.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 29 September 2018 at 8:45AM
    Options
    Going to post my goals for the month now as I won't get the chance again before the start of the challenge. Here goes!

Firstly in terms of giving something up, I don't drink or smoke, try to eat relatively healthy but could always do with eating less chocolate/biscuits, so I'll try to cut down on those, and turn down free treats at work as that's my downfall.

Organise - had a massive shopping delivery to start the month so I know what we've got to play with. Got enough food for breakfast, dinners and lunches for about 2 weeks. Just fruit and veg to top up.

Budget is set for the month. I need to be a bit better this month than September and be stricter. I've already bought some needs (and wants) in Primarni so I'd like to not spend too much more that isn't budgeted for. I'm also going to Iceland next week so there's a definite incentive not to waste money!

Was going to aim for 20 NSD's but with the Iceland trip it's probably more sensible to go for 15.

Improvise - already sewed up some cardigans that had little holes in them so I can start wearing them again. Luckily the holes were in inconspicuous places as my sewing isn't great! My phone also needs repairing, I'm going to order the part and try to do it myself. It could all go horribly wrong but it looks relatively simple. Luckily I have a spare phone as a backup lol.

Exercise - my gym membership starts on the 11th, so I'll be making use of that. Plus I will do some walking, horse riding and working out at home. My ankle is still no better though, have a doctor's appointment soon.

Christmas - bought a couple of gifts for my niece already, that's her sorted. Want to keep spends down this month, although I say that every year! Either way I'm putting the money aside from now.

Going to struggle with chippies being banned as I live across the road from one! :rotfl: other than that I can live without takeaways etc with the exception of when I go to Iceland as I'll probably get some food and drink at the airport.

Extra income - probably just surveys or selling the odd thing on ebay. Don't really have time to look into anything else as I'm studying alongside working.

Report in daily - will do my best.

Good luck for October everyone!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Am also posting my pledges for the month now :)

A challenge for you - is there anything you could change to the positive or give up for October? - I don't smoke and rarely drink (the equivalent of maybe 2-3 bottles of wine a year) but my eating is appalling at the mo. My plan is to re-start bodycoach during Oct, which should sort that out. In the meantime before then I plan on cutting down to one sweet treat/ day maximum :o:o (my aim is to make it after dinner)

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Cupboards/ fridge/ freezer all tidied this past week and are looking rather empty as I sent lots of the contents off with the eldest 2 for uni supplies! I will need to buy quite a lot this month, as we are lacking in basics. However, I'm also taking the opportunity to use up those things which have been lurking in the freezer/ cupboard and are now exposed!

Regular budget items should be set by 1st October. CCs all paid off in full (in fact one is in credit!) Savings sto and ddr come out Monday. Food budget this month is a learning curve with 2 less people here but also needing to re-build supplies. Will see how it goes! We are considering a holiday in half term (talk about last minute planning!) so that may also change things. It's also OH's bday and my nephew's 1st bday this month.

No Spend Days. Aim for 15 (low). Will monitor and keep a record :)

Improvise. Make do and mend with a creative twist. Am always substituting ingredients / making things up (I don't follow recipes - my view is they are there to inspire at best)

Exercise Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). I plan on tackling some bits in garden as well as restarting Bcoach, so this should be covered.

Christmas Will plan this out this month

Finally Don't Be A Martyr For Christmas. - have already declined a Xmas do :D Have cut down on presents/ cards in past few years - will double check if there are further savings to be made

Banned Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. - have social budget. Will include a meal out for OH's bday.

Extra Income Have absolutely no invigilating work booked in for October!!!! Eek! Have 3 things on flebay at the mo - will see if there is anything else I can look to list. I do have some bundles of clothes I can try and list on fb00k

Report in, daily if possible - will aim to

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES AND DON’T WAIT DO IT NOW. - I need to remember this for food/ exercise......
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport