Stuck with Eon! Need to switch but one meter is an RHT Meter. Help!

Options

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    footboy wrote: »
    Thanks Helena,

If you could contact the Simpler Metering Dept and get a ball park figure that would be great.

They must know what the meters and setup is from the meter numbers and I guess from the bills.

Let's say an E7/E10 meter is then put in. How will this compare price wise per KwH and standing charge for what we have now?

Thanks
    Steve

Hiya,

Getting figures isn't something I'd be able to do, the quote from an electrician isn't something we would get involved in.

The meter exchange fee £64.76 is something the simpler metering team could advise if you needed to pay or not, but they would need to be speaking to you and looking at your account, as you say they would know when they can see the details. These accounts and set ups are all very different.

I'm sorry I'm not allowed to post prices on the forums, the unit prices would also depend on the area that you live. It may be worth, when you've decided about the meter to ask us for a quote.

I'm sorry that I don't appear to be able to post the exact information that you're looking for, but I can get you in contact with the right people to speak to it specifically about.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • footboy
    footboy Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi H

Ok. What do you need me to do?

Steve
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi footboy,

I'm not sure if this will help you but changes have been made to the license conditions that will enable customers on restricted meter tariffs to engage with the market and switch onto any Standard meter tariff offered by the major suppliers. The changes come into affect later this year.

Theres a certain amount of interpretation needed, but it could be taken as enabling you to add up the reading for both your meters and then being charged the sum of both meters against any standard rate tariff offered by any of the major suppliers.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/energy-market-investigation-restricted-meters-order-2016
  • footboy
    Options
    Bark01 wrote: »
    Hi footboy,

I'm not sure if this will help you but changes have been made to the license conditions that will enable customers on restricted meter tariffs to engage with the market and switch onto any Standard meter tariff offered by the major suppliers. The changes come into affect later this year.

Theres a certain amount of interpretation needed, but it could be taken as enabling you to add up the reading for both your meters and then being charged the sum of both meters against any standard rate tariff offered by any of the major suppliers.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/energy-market-investigation-restricted-meters-order-2016

It does help. Thank you! :T

I'll give the article a good read and see what the outcome is. Hopefully this siege situation will be lifted!

Thank you again. I guess with this the companies will allow you to be on the cheapest equivalent rate too so you don't switch rather than just milking you all the time. Great!

It's the best of a bad world but I'll take it.

:T
  • footboy
    Options
    I'm sorry that I don't appear to be able to post the exact information that you're looking for, but I can get you in contact with the right people to speak to it specifically about.

Hi Helena,

What do I need to do?

Also the post from Bark01 looks very interesting. It seems to address the issue I'm facing directly. It looks like people on RHT+Standard tariffs will be able to get equivalent rate quotes in order to switch suppliers, or perhaps to a tariff with the same supplier, without any cost to themselves.

Any insights?

Steve
    Options
    footboy wrote: »
    Hi Helena,

What do I need to do?

Also the post from Bark01 looks very interesting. It seems to address the issue I'm facing directly. It looks like people on RHT+Standard tariffs will be able to get equivalent rate quotes in order to switch suppliers, or perhaps to a tariff with the same supplier, without any cost to themselves.

Any insights?

Steve

Morning Steve,

If you email me your account details and full address, I can provide you with the simpler metering department number. You can then have a word with them and think about what you'd like to do about changing the meter.

At the moment we can only bill using a tariff that matches the metering set up that you have. It may change in the future, but I don't have any specific information about it at the moment.

WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com

Thank you

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dowsby
    Options
    After having old Meters removed over 8 weeks ago and a new Economy 7 Meter fitted they are refusing to de-register my old meter and will only supply to a very expensive standard tariff.
    They are refusing to give me a competitive tariff and I am not allowed to Switch.
    What can I do?
    Options
    dowsby wrote: »
    After having old Meters removed over 8 weeks ago and a new Economy 7 Meter fitted they are refusing to de-register my old meter and will only supply to a very expensive standard tariff.
    They are refusing to give me a competitive tariff and I am not allowed to Switch.
    What can I do?

Good morning dowsby and welcome to the forum.

I'm unsure as to why you've been told we won't 'de-register' your old meter? If it's been removed then it's gone and your new meter details will show on the account.

Who did you arrange the meter exchange with? Was it the simpler metering department? As it may be worth going back to speak to them.

If you've had a normal economy 7 meter fitted you should be able to go a normal economy 7 or one rate tariff and pick the best deal for you.

Have the details of the new meter come through to us from the meter operator?

Sorry about all of the questions, I'm just not fully clear about the situation:o

Thank you

Helena
  • bruzash
    Options
    Hi Helena,

I have recently come across this thread as I have the same issue with an old RHT heating underfloor system. I emailed the EON email address you supplied earlier in this thread but I am yet to receive a response so wondered if you could help on here.

I am interested in disconnecting my old meter and need some advice from EON as my current supplier. I am aware that I may need an electrician on hand for additional works but I require some advice before arranging this.

I hope to hear from you soon on this.

Thanks
    Options
    bruzash wrote: »
    Hi Helena,

I have recently come across this thread as I have the same issue with an old RHT heating underfloor system. I emailed the EON email address you supplied earlier in this thread but I am yet to receive a response so wondered if you could help on here.

I am interested in disconnecting my old meter and need some advice from EON as my current supplier. I am aware that I may need an electrician on hand for additional works but I require some advice before arranging this.

I hope to hear from you soon on this.

Thanks

Hi bruzash welcome to the forum,

Oh that's interesting, I've been doing an email today about this, but I don't think it's you, so sorry about that.

It sounds like we're your current supplier, so you would normally be contacted by the simpler metering department as you've got an old RHT meter.

If you'd like to try and email me again, I'll look out for it and give you the number that you need.

Thank you

Helena
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure