Electric Meter Faulty?

2»

Comments

• One thing that does occur to me if they ever get round to fitting a new meter - what will the starting balance be? Does it start from zero or do my existing supplier give them an estimate based on previous use?

Thanks.
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The 'new' meter might start at 0 , it might have a figure on it already. The fitter should record this anyway so you'd only pay from that point onwards.

Although its a different "kettle of fish" I had to have my gas meter changed (old dial type) to a dgital one and the replacement had a reading of a few thousand units on it, although the paperwork left showed the fitter had recorded this correctly, along with the 'old' meter reading.

^ That is reasonably important, look at the 'new' meter and if its got a reading on it already ensure the paperwork you're left with has this on it, if you don't have any paperwork left or its not matched up, tell them asap.

The issue I see you're asking is as there's no easy way to 'see' the old meter reading.

Unless someone says otherwise (which is quite likely) logic tells me for the few days its been 'broken' they should average read it for those days...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure