Options
1211212213214215217»

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Thanks Steve_xx, that does seem correct although I've decided to bounce £1500 in and out until paid the £125 just in case.

Yes, I would be inclined to do the same.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can anyone tell me please if they have had problems using hooyu to upload documents ? I am trying to help my mum switch to Natwest but she only has a driving licence and seems stuck on the screen and can't go any further.
    Does anyone know if she cancels the process will she be able to go into branch with her ID or will it cancel the whole account opening ?
    I didn't have this when I opened mine earlier this year.
  • datz
    datz Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 October 2018 at 4:20PM
    Options
    mummyof5 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if she cancels the process will she be able to go into branch with her ID or will it cancel the whole account opening ?

You can complete it in branch. When I went through it ( a few months ago), I applied online, received an application reference number, and then a request by email to upload ID to their DigiDocs service. I'm not sure what this Hooyu service is that you mention, beyond what a cursory Google search tells me, but in my case I had to submit via digidocs.natwest.com.

Anyway, I instead decided to pop into my local branch with ID and the application reference number since it was convenient enough.

Keep in mind that some branches might advise or require an appointment for this. Even though I went just to show my ID, they had me sit down with one of their advisers and it took about 30 minutes to generate the paperwork, sign stuff, get approval from the branch manager (lol...). At least I left with fully operational online banking credentials too, but the whole thing felt very old fashioned. Remember to also get confirmation that the switch will be processed (and perhaps take the debit card of the account you are switching from in case they wish to see it).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure