Vanquis Card Application - call back question

2»

Comments

• SMCG
    SMCG Posts: 87 Forumite
    Hi. I may have misunderstood. If you apply, they call you within hours. So I would ring them. The OP should have heard by now.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    SMCG wrote: »
    Hi. I may have misunderstood. If you apply, they call you within hours. So I would ring them. The OP should have heard by now.
    But if you read the post above yours....
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • SMCG wrote: »
    Hi. My experience of VAQUIS and AQUIS cards is that they call within hours. I open and close these every year and get Quidco money. I would call them. The offices seem to be in Kent (rather than Provident, Bradford) and they are nice to speak to.

The Quidco thing seems pointless...
  • SMCG
    Not when you get £25 off the provy every year. Nothing pointless. So jog on.
  • Opening and closing a credit account every year for the sake of £25?

That’s really not worth it
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    People open amazon cards for £20,so it's not surprising. It's not worth it if you consider the credit history. No card held long term and a list of closed accounts all less than 1 year. Might be a concern for main stream lenders, after all it won't say who closed the accounts
  • !!! wrote: »
    Opening and closing a credit account every year for the sake of £25?

That’s really not worth it

The amount is relative to your own circumstances. £25 to one person could be a lot of money and worth it.
  • SMCG
    The amount is relative to your own circumstances. £25 to one person could be a lot of money and worth it.

Hi. Thanks I agree. I can go to B&Q and buy a can of Dulux coloured emulsion and a can of gloss paint and decorate 1 room for free every year. I have done this for years and years. It is worth it. (and my flat always looks fresh!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure