Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fisherp123
    • By fisherp123 26th Sep 18, 9:54 PM
    • 48Posts
    • 6Thanks
    fisherp123
    CCJ Compensation
    • 26th Sep 18, 9:54 PM
    CCJ Compensation 26th Sep 18 at 9:54 PM
    I recently had a CCJ set aside for a parking charge notice.
    The thing is, the CCJ was initially sent to my old address so I knew nothing about it until I was refused credit for a purchase whilst I was on my holiday with my daughter.
    I was very distressed about this and the fact that the ccj was sent to my old address surely cannot go unpunished? Prior to this happening, I had been writing emails and had told the claimant what my current address was because they were sending letters to my parents address. They had updated their system and had sent threatening letters to my current address. I do not know why they sent a Court notice letter to my old address (not my parents address or current address) unless they knew I wouldn’t defend myself against it and therefore I would get a default judgement.
    Because I was refused credit, I couldn’t raise any money whatsoever. I had the opportunity to buy something expensive for less than half price but had been refused.
    It also caused considerable inconvenience to me. I had to spend many hours researching the best way to defend myself.
    Can I ask for compensation and if so what should I be asking for?
    At the very least I want my court fees £250 reimbursed.

Thank you for reading this.
    Best wishes ...
Page 2
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th Oct 18, 2:29 PM
    • 1,950 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Right.

So you didn't update your V5 docs for where the vehicle was registered, which is also an offence.

I don't think that will stand up in court very well either.

This happened because the courts issued the CCJ to the address of the vehicle was registered, then the collection agencies chased you down via info on the CRA's
    Originally posted by Gary_Dexter
    GARY < GARY

the parking Co are only sllowed to ask the DVLA ONCE , repeat ONCE fot the persons details , this would be within 14 days if it was ANPR ticket or 28-56 days if ticket on car

the parking Co CANNOT go back to the DVLA and ask for info , a month , 6 mths , a year or even 5 yr and 10 mths after offence !!!

yes it is a DVLA offence not to update , but this has nothing to do with the court case/CCJ
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th Oct 18, 2:31 PM
    • 1,950 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Right.

So you didn't update your V5 docs for where the vehicle was registered, which is also an offence.

I don't think that will stand up in court very well either.

This happened because the courts issued the CCJ to the address of the vehicle was registered, then the collection agencies chased you down via info on the CRA's
    no , the claimant is supposed to use the lask KNOWN address , this can easily be different to that stated on the V5

last known , not dvla address
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th Oct 18, 2:37 PM
    • 1,950 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    no , the claimant is supposed to use the lask KNOWN address** , this can easily be different to that stated on the V5

last known , not dvla address
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat

after communication has clearly stated it
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 11th Oct 18, 3:37 PM
    • 2,393 Posts
    • 1,334 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    It has plenty to do with it.

Please stop trying to dodge around the point.

OP was also contacted at his known listed addresses and still failed to respond
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th Oct 18, 4:05 PM
    • 1,950 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    twhitehousescat

if he failed to reply , then that was not a known address , letters went to his perents house and were answered , therefore that was the last KNOWN address , but yet they sent paperwork elsewhere , knowing that that address had not been verified
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 12th Oct 18, 7:09 AM
    • 614 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2

Ahh changing the goal posts there Gary lad....
    If my appalling spelling offends you that much...dont read my posts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,927Posts Today

9,361Users online

Martin's Twitter