IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Comments

• Hi i need some help please.
    How do I find out who owns the car park at the PEEL CENTRE STOCKPORT. I am disabled and paid for a ticket. I forgot to put my blue badge on the dash. I got a ticket appealed it they refused, appealed to IPA they found in their favor. received solicitors letter £160 or court action . giggs963
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    giggs963 wrote: »
    Hi i need some help please.
    How do I find out who owns the car park at the PEEL CENTRE STOCKPORT. I am disabled and paid for a ticket. I forgot to put my blue badge on the dash. I got a ticket appealed it they refused, appealed to IPA they found in their favor. received solicitors letter £160 or court action . giggs963

Could you please read the post above yours!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Hi everyone

Please could all forum members using this board please re-read our original 2014 post.

Thank you
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Please could all forum members using this board please re-read our original 2014 post.

Thank you
    Theres no option for me to create a thread so Im asking here on how to create one. Thanks
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    the forum start / ladding page is here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

if you are using a mobile phone to browse .... you will find that a PC / laptop will improve things

Ralph:cool:
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Theres no option for me to create a thread so Im asking here on how to create one. Thanks

You were given this info as part of your signup and confirmed you had read and understood it, so there is no need to hijack info threads.
  • Hi,

I am just looking for some advice about a parking ticket I was issued.

I live in a flat which has private underground parking, I have an allocated bay, which I own under my long term lease. We are issued with residence parking permits and the car park is checked by PCM. They have signs up in the car park saying permit must be displayed, as the permit is changed to more than one car I can't fix in the window so just place on the dash.

The permit had fallen onto the floor when I exited the car and I was issued with a ticket, the attendant had taken pictures of the car windcrseen and also the passenger floor and seat, but not the drivers side, where the ticket was.

I appealed the ticket as this was a genuine mistake and the attendant had deliberately only taken pictures of the passenger side, also thought a £60 was unfair considering I am a resident parking in my own space.

They rejected the appeal on the grounds the permit was not display in the windscreen and even though I am a resident they have signs up so I must abide by them.

I just wondered if anyone had ever had a similar case and if they think I should appeal to the IAS and if I would win.

I know the signs are correct but was a mistake and I own the space I was parked in....

Thank for any advice
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    For personalised help and guidance (for free :D) please start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

• Dear all,
    I am quite lost. I have tried to read posts and links but I am really confused now.
    I parked in a SIP car park, I duly paid the fee at the machine, i got the ticket but ì, unlucky me, probably upon shutting the door the ticket fell on the floor. On my return I had a PCN on my window screen which I have appealled straight away on the online SIP website the same night explaining the situation and sending the ticket as proof. Now, a week later,they replied by email rejecting my appeal and prompting me to pay more (originally GBP35)now GBP60.
    They writre that if I am not happy to contact the IAS within 21 days from their rejection notice.
    Please help as i do not know what to do, and it has been a very unfortunate genuine circumstance
    I will await your reply
    thanks
    regards
    Sandro

We are in receipt your appeal against PCN .......

After reviewing the evidence and the information that you have provided in your appeal we regret to inform you that your appeal has been unsuccessful.

Your vehicle was parked in a manner other than in accordance with the signage situated at the car park.

For this reason the parking charge was issued correctly and the charge now stands at £60.00 to be paid within 14 days. After this time the charge will increase and additional charges may be incurred.

Yours Sincerely,

SIP Parking Limited

Why should I respond to this letter?

If you fail to respond to this letter, legal proceedings may be issued against you in the County Courts/Sheriffs Court. This may result in:
    You may have to pay more in the end because of court costs
    A court judgment/decree
    Your possessions being seized

How do I pay?

By Phone - to use a credit or debit card please call 0333 999 7575 and select "Pay my PCN"
    Online - to use a credit or debit card go to
    By Cheque or Postal Order - Make your cheque or postal order payable to SIP, write your reference on the back and send it to: SIP Parking Limited, PO BOX 5450, Manchester, M61 0JX

Independent Appeals Service

If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). In order to appeal to the IAS will need your parking charge number, your vehicle registration and the date the charge was originally issued. Appeals must be submitted to the IAS after 24 hours but before 21 days of the date of this notice. For further information please visit if you choose to use this service and your appeal is rejected all discretionary discounts provided by SIP Parking Limited are revoked and the full PCN amount of £100 becomes payable.

VEHICLE KEEPER DETAILS FROM THE DVLA

We obtained your name and address from the DVLA in Swansea. Regulations made under the Vehicle Registration and Licensing legislation provide that DVLA may release vehicle particulars to anyone who can show reasonable cause for wanting the particulars. Further information about the release of vehicle information is obtainable from

VCS Fee-paying enquiries, DVLA, Longview Road, Swansea, SA99 1AJ

COMPLAINTS

You may lodge an official complaint if you can prove

That we have used the information for purposes other than dealing with a parking charge notice; or
    That you have been subjected to unreasonable behaviour or harassment either in person or by telephone by our employees.

In the first instance, please write to us at the following address:

SIP Parking Limited, Customer Service Department, PO Box 5450, Manchester, M61 0JX

SIP is a member of the Independent Parking Committee (IPC). We are required to follow IPC's Code of Practice, details of which may be viewed at Alternatively you may obtain details by writing to the IPC at the following address:

The Independent Parking Committee, 4 The Stables, Red Cow Yard, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6DG

Your information is confidential and is subject to Data Protection Act. If you believe your information has been used inappropriately, you should notify us immediately and can notify Information Commissioner by writing to the address below:

The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF

Our continued use of DVLA's records depends on our adherence to the code of practice. If after having dealt with your complaint you still feel aggrieved, please write to the DVLA at the address given below.

VCS Fee-paying enquiries, DVLA, Longview Road, Swansea, SA99 1AJ

NOTICE: this email box is not monitored and replies to this mailbox will not read or responded too.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I am quite lost.
    Yes, it seems that you are.

Please remove this post from this thread.

You know up the top where it says 'be nice to all MoneySavers', it has a couple of icons above those words (top left) and one is called: 'FORUM HELP'.

You need to watch that video, so click on FORUM HELP now.

Then read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST.

Then start a NEW THREAD.

please delete the above post.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure