Company Dissolution, Liquidation, and Director Redundancy: How it Works

This infographic explains how the redundancy process works when a director is making a claim during liquidation: https://www.redundancyclaim.co.uk/liquidation/company-dissolution-liquidation-and-director-redundancy-how-it-works

Comments

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes, but the director needs a contract of employment which most won't have because they'll have chosen & benefitted from paying themselves a low salary and high dividends to avoid NIC over many years.
  • Pennywise wrote: »
    Yes, but the director needs a contract of employment which most won't have because they'll have chosen & benefitted from paying themselves a low salary and high dividends to avoid NIC over many years.

I kind of agree with this, most LTD company directors will take dividends rather than a high salary to maximise income.

But when it comes to closing a business and who gets what. It also depends on the type of business. There is a huge difference between a director of a corner shop and a director of a consultancy type of business.

Having said all that, the new tax on Dividends these days is a real death stroke to the above directors taking the dividends over PAYE. Its 7% these days I think from what I read.
    :jTo be Young AGAIN!!!!...what a wonderfull thought!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite

But when it comes to closing a business and who gets what. It also depends on the type of business. There is a huge difference between a director of a corner shop and a director of a consultancy type of business.

In what way is there a "huge difference"?
  • antrobus wrote: »
    In what way is there a "huge difference"?

I was referring to the difference in Assets and Creditors in the two types of business.
    :jTo be Young AGAIN!!!!...what a wonderfull thought!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    I was referring to the difference in Assets and Creditors in the two types of business.

What difference in Assets and Creditors? How do you know there is this "huge difference"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure