No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2018

Comments

• shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi

Forget 1 item that is the the Bare Mineral Veil Deluxe Editions 36g

With a £10 John Lewis voucher and price matching, got it to the same price of a 9g one. Won't need to buy any any loose powder for 18 months now!

Total = 82
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I used up my first product of the month, Anovia hand and body lotion - there was much less in there than I thought and I even cut it open to get the last little bit out! Would buy again but I think it's been discontinued?
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • I'm in again for November, hoping for No Buy November, I shouldn't need to make any purchases. October was (I think) two INs and four UUs.

Baby arrived at the end of October and I'm now on maternity leave, so will need to focus on making sure I keep UU'ing things - two weeks experience has shown that keeping clean and fragrant is i) tricky and ii) important for my mental health.

One UU for November: Superdrug peach handwash purchased in 2009 (I prefer soap, glad this is gone)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Congrats on the baby catherine/kate :)

One UU tonight:

Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Tencel Sheet Mask WDBA and will do in the future. Love these sheet masks, so hydrating and soothing.
  • I want to restart using up the heaps of make up before it spoils and sure it will do more benefit on my face than stored in cupboards and presses,

I want to use up the aldi glycolic acid wipes. this are lacking the distintive skin of a high concentration. there is no percentage on the box and i would not buy again as you need the burn to know its working.

i have a shadow in a naked 2 pallet chopper. i am going to pan this colour completely.

a caudalie serum
  • One UU this evening

Feather and Down Relaxing Shower Cream - WBA. It's meant to help with sleep which it hasn't (I didn't think it would) but however exhausted I have been I have certainly smelled nice.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm in again for November, hoping for No Buy November, I shouldn't need to make any purchases. October was (I think) two INs and four UUs.

Baby arrived at the end of October and I'm now on maternity leave, so will need to focus on making sure I keep UU'ing things - two weeks experience has shown that keeping clean and fragrant is i) tricky and ii) important for my mental health.

One UU for November: Superdrug peach handwash purchased in 2009 (I prefer soap, glad this is gone)

Congratulations on the birth of your baby 🍼xx
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    I want to restart using up the heaps of make up before it spoils and sure it will do more benefit on my face than stored in cupboards and presses,

I want to use up the aldi glycolic acid wipes. this are lacking the distintive skin of a high concentration. there is no percentage on the box and i would not buy again as you need the burn to know its working.

i have a shadow in a naked 2 pallet chopper. i am going to pan this colour completely.

a caudalie serum

Chopper is my favourite colour from that palette, I’m working on Darkhorse still from Naked 1 I’ve also decided that next year I’m going to pan my 2 oldest palettes which are Smashbox Full Exposure (except the black shadow) and my NARS Killing Me Softly blush palette. From memory, I think I’ve panned 3 shadows already from FE and am making good progress with Orgasm from KMS as I’ve hit pan twice and can see that the product layer is very thin. This palette contains 2 other blushes (Gilda and Outlaw) the pans of which are really small and Albatross highlighter.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Went to Trafford Centre yesterday as Emma was home and needed Cleanse and Polish and a new NYX powder. Makeup was on 3for2 at Boots so I got a NYX white eyeliner for my lower rim and Emma chose a Bourjois lipstick called Bohemian Raspberry. Incidentally, we saw Bohemian Rhapsody on Saturday night and it was excellent.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU this morning:

Lush Rock Star 100g WBA. This is a lovely soap, such a nice scent. Going to replace with another Lush soap that I have in my stash.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure