What are we wearing to Christmas parties this year?

13»

Comments

• I'm back!!
    Managed to find a party dress and a winter coat.
    Here's the dress -

https://www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0218-5658-9045L00&productvarid=0218-5658-9045L00-PLUM-BLACK-12&refpage=dresses

The dress was 20% off at Hobbs - more than my budget, but at this stage I'd been into what felt like every shop in the Trinity Centre, and been totally uninspired. I guess you can always find ways to justify expenditure, but I reckoned it was better to spend a bit more on the right dress than a bit less on the wrong dress.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Lovely dress. Nice to get one with long sleeves too.

I bought a cobalt blue velvet wrap dress with long sleeves yesterday. Not as nice as yours......but I'm happy with it. I didn't want to spend too much because I am hoping to lose more weight.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I'm back!!
    Managed to find a party dress and a winter coat.
    Here's the dress -

https://www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0218-5658-9045L00&productvarid=0218-5658-9045L00-PLUM-BLACK-12&refpage=dresses

The dress was 20% off at Hobbs - more than my budget, but at this stage I'd been into what felt like every shop in the Trinity Centre, and been totally uninspired. I guess you can always find ways to justify expenditure, but I reckoned it was better to spend a bit more on the right dress than a bit less on the wrong dress.
    It really is a lovely dress.
    And will probably be an investment for future years.

I have something similar but in lace, that came from a charity shop.
  • Lace sounds lovely too.

Yes - I'll get a bit of use out of it!
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • Pollycat
    Lace sounds lovely too.

Yes - I'll get a bit of use out of it!

My dress is nice.
    But it doesn't have the WOW!!! factor that your Hobbs dress does.
    I think it would also look stunning in a very dark green.
  • Definitely something sparkling. It's a special day, so why not wearing something different. :)
    Feel like a star)
  • k.green
    k.green Posts: 13 Forumite
    I've been looking around too. I've been uninspired by ASOS which is usually my go-to place. I usually find H&M is good for Christmas dresses as they are inexpensive so I don't worry about not wearing them much, but again I haven't seen any I like. Have you thought of looking on ebay for wide leg trousers if you can't find them in the shops?
  • Pollycat
    My friend bought a fabulously flattering bottle green velvet dress from Next online.
    Not sure if it's still available.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport