Stage3 special needs register

2»

Comments

• IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You're very lucky you've got onto the ladder from nursery age. From my experience ( I work in a school) if the wheels are in motion from before nursery or just at the beginning of nursery then they've a better chance of things being in place come September for Primary one. If not September usually February.
    After that there's no educational psychologist assessments done again until primary 3 for progression into P4 most times P5.

There's 3 main times for assessments and statements being done. Nursery year for things to be in place for P1, Primary 4 for things to be in place for P5 and then again Primary 7 to get things in place for secondary school.

Anything out if those age years is at the insistence of the parents and backed by the school, and 9 times out of 10 those children have left mainstream school and went to a special needs school.

And even though some children are statemented doesn't automatically mean that a child will get a 1-1 assistant. There are 9 children in our school at present who are statemented but no assistant has been given, they do get some outside support though.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • Thank you, that is one thing I am thankful for in that my sons preschool got the ball rolling as it is so difficult getting assessments done when they are in school. It is such a shame the procedure takes so long x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure