Resignation help

Hello

Ok, before I proceed to my questions I need you to understand
The reasons behind my resignation and my part in this.

In August my team manager was changed to a new manager who was recently a customer service advisor like myself.
When she took over the team there was quite a lot of bullying from her against myself, I don’t want to go into great detail but additionally she told me about work colleagues who where going to/going to go to disciplinary for various reasons. This obviously put me under lots of stress, I started making mistakes in my role and eventually I was called in to a room and suspended on the alleged grounds of call avoidance. I did avoid the calls. In no way am I avoiding agreeing to this I deserve to be sacked, I was suspended for 2 weeks and invited to a “meeting “. Due to the increased stress I was put on sick by my GP, prescribed medication (which I’m still on)I asked to resign with immediate effect, I did this to avoid the disciplinary and due to my mental state/medication I couldn’t drive. I asked to resign, which was accepted and I’m currently still on sick until re-assessment by GP on 8/11.

Anyway, I hadn’t heard from previous employers and I rang payroll who tell me I’m still “on the books “, furthermore I’ve had no communication too tell me what “I’m due to” I’ve no idea holidays I owe them/they owe me. I’m not convinced I’m going to be paid correctly. If this goes as wrong as I suspect what can/should I do please.

Thanks a lot
Stephen

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Stec1603 wrote: »
    Hello

Ok, before I proceed to my questions I need you to understand
    The reasons behind my resignation and my part in this.

In August my team manager was changed to a new manager who was recently a customer service advisor like myself.
    When she took over the team there was quite a lot of bullying from her against myself, I don’t want to go into great detail but additionally she told me about work colleagues who where going to/going to go to disciplinary for various reasons. - I'm sure this is all somehow relevant; but to summarise. Someone got promoted, said some mean words and talked to you about a disciplinary against a colleague? This obviously put me under lots of stress, I started making mistakes in my role and eventually I was called in to a room and suspended on the alleged grounds of call avoidance. I did avoid the calls. - Right. In no way am I avoiding agreeing to this I deserve to be sacked, I was suspended for 2 weeks and invited to a “meeting “. - a disciplinary meeting, and investigation, what? Due to the increased stress I was put on sick by my GP, prescribed medication (which I’m still on). I asked to resign with immediate effect - you don't ask to resign. Resignation is a one way street, I did this to avoid the disciplinary and due to my mental state/medication I couldn’t drive. - resigning doesn't end a disciplinary I asked to resign, which was accepted and I’m currently still on sick until re-assessment by GP on 8/11.

Anyway, I hadn’t heard from previous employers and I rang payroll who tell me I’m still “on the books “, furthermore I’ve had no communication too tell me what “I’m due to” I’ve no idea holidays I owe them/they owe me. - work it out? I’m not convinced I’m going to be paid correctly. - when is payday? If this goes as wrong as I suspect what can/should I do please.

Thanks a lot
    Stephen

You would take it to small claims / employment tribunal.

Resigning with immediate effect is in essence a breach of contract. So any claim you make could be met with a counter claim.

Additionally your reference is unlikely to be favourable.

Why didn't you just raise a grievance?
  • eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A few questions

1. Have you actually resigned i.e. written & signed the letter and delivered it? Who did you give it to? Its not quite clear from your post.

2. By now you should/may have had at least 1 or more pay cycles from your employer, is that the case? Any mention in there of SSP (Statutory Sick Pay) and or does you employer have a sick pay scheme?

3.You have had a "Fit Note" from your GP, who did you give it to? Did it by any chance mention "Work related stress & depression.

4. Are a Trade Union member?

5. Does your employer provide any well being services?
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Another question - how long ago did this happen? Given the events you described and the fact you were signed off until 08/11, it can't possibly be that long ago, surely? The manager started in August. There must have been at least four weeks of this pressure before you couldn't do your job, surely? So September? Then two weeks suspended. End of September? You went off sick? At best I'm still in September, but more likely October. And it's October still!

It's entirely possible the process of termination hasn't hit payroll yet. They just do sums and transactions - they have no idea who is working or not until the process tells them. Why did you ring payroll? I'd have thought that ringing or emailing your manager or HR was more likely to get a response.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure