NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, - 3/15 - def not one today. Paid for driving lessons (DS1) and bought plants and food in Tesc0. May also buy some of DS3's bday presents online later - I have a code (will check prices)
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -1 walk, 2 books
    Love yourself -perfume and mascara on for a day in the house/ garden :)

Find time to get outside. - spent some time in garden clearing up
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - 6 items listed on flebay to help with this. Put an extra £250 to the savings acct for final pymt on OH's car
    Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month - that's gonna cost......
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - not touched it today :)
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * lots of ys items in Tesc0 - plants & food - freezer now rammed and plants all outside - need to figure out where they are going :)
    * getting 6 boxes of NNS stuff up into garage loft, thanks to DS1
    * sunny weather :)

Budgets:
    Food 67.75/450
    Travel £75
    Gifts £150
    Toiletries £10
    Cleaning £10
    Social £150
    Clothing £75
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    FrankieM wrote: »
    Interest- meditation: 2. I'm struggling to find any free apps for my phone.
    Do you listen to podcasts? I like 'Adrian Cooke - Daily 10 min meditation' He seems to have stopped uploading a while ago, but plenty to download from the history.
    I also like 'Tracks to relax', although that's more for falling asleep too, I haven't managed to finish a whole podcast yet!

Himself will freeze anything and then can't remember what it was.
    We do a lot of mince based meals, so find it difficult to work out if its a spag bol or a chilli looking throu the frosty tub. I've started writing on the top of the tub with a whiteboard pen. Easy to wipe off, but survives in the freezer.

Aim for at least [STRIKE]15[/STRIKE] 25 NSDs. 3/25 NSDs. Had to pay for my dentist visit today. I'm also late posting a birthday card to my dad for Saturday, so did a Moonpig.
    Pay to your debt first. Mums monthly payment made.
    Report in every day. Missed yesterday (boxing straight after work, then tired when I got home)
    Interests - Gaming. Played some Pokemon Go today, Hunting some new pokes.
    Love yourself. Treat tea tonight. Grilled hallumi, pepper & onion wraps. Highly calorific, but my belly is happy and full of warm cheese.

Find time to get outside.Walked the pup, picked up pups modelling shots, walked to the dentist, walked home (was spotted and glared at by the crazy-ex as we took a shortcut throu her street. I'm now awaiting a nasty text :p)
    Overpay - Plodding away at some surveys.
    Organise your month. [STRIKE]Dads birthday, need to send him a card.[/STRIKE] Almost forgot, sent him a Moonpig. Trip to Brigthon for the Marathon is next weekened!
    Lose one bad habit. - Not practicing my sax. Had my music lesson today, so had to practice :p I have 90 days til my exam.
    Sign off with a gratitude. Finally a day off. I'm on my short week too, in tomorrow, then sat & sunday off.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for some warming sunshine, for dd helping me weed the front, for dh coming to my rescue and staying to help in the back garden, for reducing the compost bin contents between us, for mothernerd's mention a while ago of coir compost as dh bought one and we rehydrated it today, for doing some jigsaws with dd, for the Commonwealth games on telly, for hearing from an old friend, for cloud bread.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hello all :)
    Spend day today, as it was market day, and I can't resist all those lovely fruit and veg :D
    So, still 3 / 15 NSDs

Budgets:
    Groceries - £23.84 / 250.00
    Pet food - £1.98 / 18.00
    Diesel - £106.97 / £80 :eek: OH decided to fill up the old camper van and I did the car yesterday. Oh well, that should be it for the month!
    Presents - £0 / 60 (family birthdays)
    Toiletries and cleaning supplies - £11.08 / 30

In other news, I spent £4.20 on plants, and OH spent considerably more on a new watch, as his had broken :eek:

Grateful for a nice sunny day and being able to get out in the garden :)
    Basil seedlings up on the dining room windowsill :)
    Dog made me laugh trying to play with another little dog in the park :)
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    A quick check in.
    Was a spend day food shopping and other bits and pieces.
    Made donations to charities.
    Grateful for
    Won some money at bingo.
    Achieved a few things this morning.
    Nice evening at bingo.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good evening Turtles

A hit & miss day today. I am still in a lot of pain with my back & tummy BUT Dr has given me something. I actually think I've had an epiphany as to what it might be & I'm going to pester my Dr first thing!

A- today is NSD #3
    P-bills & savings done @ the beginning of the month. Budgets now 100 spends, 60 fuel,900 savings,700 Paris & 150 camping.
    Likely savings will drop to 400 after car insurance & tax. Boo!
    R- hello :o
    I- no baking/cooking today but my friend has got me some leeks to make some more soup with
    L- long bath tonight :A Feeling chilled even if I'm in a bit of pain.

F- went to the park after work with my boys.
    O- today I have been looking at freebies to eek out or finances. I called up the camp site ahead of next weekend & they've agreed to put some balloons & banners up as we are going for LOs 3rd Bday, I am planning on going for my free Ben & Jerry's next week & I have a few boots & M&S points/vouchers to spend!
    O-.did more planning for sons bday, cancelled a few old direct debits with my bank.
    L- did quite well today for keeping off my phone
    S- grateful for- hub fixing my phone issue, time on the park with my humans, letting my boy help with dinner (he cracked the eggs) & no one being hurt in a road side collision I drove past
  • Evening everyone,

Woke up this up this morning and got a wash on. Was thinking of hanging it out to dry but thankfully I didn't as it started to rain a little later on. Walked to free playgroup with the little one for a few hours and stopped at the supermarket on the way back as I needed a few things. Spent £8.82 bringing my spends for the month up to £45.26/£350.

Grabbed a shower whilst the little one had his nap.

Managed to complete a few surveys on Qmee and cashed out £1.72. Added the 49p I got from them the other day and sent £2.21 to my holiday savings. Extra income for this month now stands at £7.21/£93.

Have started a new book today written by Brian Freeman. I've enjoyed all his others and this one looks like it'll not disappoint.

Was thinking of having a pyjama day tomorrow but need to return a library book so I'll have to venture outside.

Today I'm grateful for nice bus drivers that acknowledge my little ones rather frantic friendly waving.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • Another spend day: £7 ish at the grocers and £15 for music lesson. So still at 3/15.
    Outside- weather was beautiful. Took the dog out and sat in the garden. Ground still too wet to do any planting.
    Love- went to Zumba.
    Pay-Skimmed down to nearest 0 in my current account and put it in my savings account.
    Lose a bad habit- not stressing about work for the first time in ages.
    Grateful for- blue skies!;)
    Savings from frugal & simple living:
    Jan ISA& Save Acc £1600 Mort o/paid £250
    Feb ISA&save acc £1330.89 Mort o/paid£500
    March ISA&save ac£811.35 mort o/paid £250
    :j
  • #13 checking in.....
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs - 3/15

Pay to your debt - WIP

Report daily - 5/5

Interests - hubby swapped his car for a campervan so camping is our new hobby.

Love yourself - nothing here today

Find time to get outside - Beautiful day but spent it travelling should have made more effort

Overpay - WIP

Organise your month. Nothing unexpected happened today so all going to plan

Lose one bad habit. Cut down on fb but still spending too much time

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    Campervan
    School holidays
    Nice weather
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NSDs - still on 3 as a spend day today
    Report - 5/30
    Interests - went for a walk after work, just a short one as although it was sunny, it was bitterly cold
    Love - mascara and perfume on, wore a beautiful floral scarf
    Outside - see interests
    Overpay - nothing paid today although did a hours overtime at work
    Organise - shopping done and stuck to the list. Have spent £41.52 of the food/cleaning/toiletries budget this month so far. Picked up a prescription that has been sitting at the doctor's for over a week. Made a to-do list for work tomorrow
    Bad habit - had a packet of salt and vinegar squares today so that's my one packet of crisps for the week
    Gratitudes - laughs at work despite a stressful day, OH cooking tea and doing the dishes :D, a sunny day, a work meeting I was dreading going better than expected and catch up tv
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10549.64/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1409.88/£1500 (94% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure