IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Pay With(out) Ease

Hi,

I’m hoping I can get some help here for my next step. I’m on the receiving end of two parking tickets from parkwithease.co.uk who use ANPR at Betteshanger Country Park.

1st Ticket –

Ticketed (via ANPR) on the 16/10/2016 but parking notice only received by post on the 24/10/2016, I informed them that POFA rules state they need to contact me within 14 days. They declined my appeal saying they don’t use POFA.

2nd Ticket –

Ticket (Via ANPR) on the 20/08/17. I tried to pay in cash, however the machine wouldn’t take my coin. I returned home and tried on the payment portal (they give you 48 hours to pay) but found my existing fine (above £50) was showing, and I was unable to pay the £2 to park online (They insisted I pay £52). I emailed paywithease the following day and asked them to remove the existing charge and allow me to pay – they declined saying this would be unethical. I asked to appeal and didn’t hear anything further from them

I’ve now received two ‘Notice of Outstanding Debt’ from PS&P for £120 each demanding payment.

What do you think I should do?

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Who are PS&P?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hi.

PS&P Ltd a debt collection agency.
  • Umkomaas
    Hi.

PS&P Ltd a debt collection agency.

Follow advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• A very small debt collection agency - according to the unaudited financial statements submitted to Companies House for the year to 30 April 2018, PS&P Limited had an average of 1 person employed (including directors) during the year. It's essentially a one-man operation.

Keep an eye out for PS&P's "Third Request" letter which will warn that "should the balance remain outstanding and you have failed to submit an acceptable proposal after [Date], we shall instruct an External Collection Agent to attend your premises for the purposes of collecting the debt in full".

Although debt collection agencies may like to write lots of scary things in their letters, in my view this crosses the boundary into harassment territory.
  • Thankyou - I'll draft up some letters tomorrow
  • Umkomaas
    Thankyou - I'll draft up some letters tomorrow
    What sort of 'letters', and to whom?

The advice to ignore at debt collector stage doesn't include any letter writing.

• Hi,

The suggestion was to ignore or write to the debt collection agency denying debt. Then write to the PPC and appeal with a template provided.

At least thats what I took from it.

Chris
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Hi,

The suggestion was to ignore or write to the debt collection agency denying debt. Then write to the PPC and appeal with a template provided.

At least thats what I took from it.

Chris
    There is no such suggestion here

There is clear advice to ignore debt collectors completely!

If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name then you need to get MSE to change it to something truly anonymous AND edit it from your post

Apart from breaking forum rules, the ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
  • Umkomaas
    The suggestion was to ignore or write to the debt collection agency denying debt.
    That can have the effect of the debt collector thinking 'Hello, we've got a bite here, let's ratchet up the pressure'. One thing for sure, it won't stop them in their tracks.
    Then write to the PPC and appeal with a template provided.
    But the most recent ticket is almost 12 months old and the other one moving towards 2 years of age. What are you hoping for by appealing so late?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport