Bank withdrawal

Comments

• preable
    preable Posts: 2,114
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    No they won't give you any money and will probably freeze the account until they get hold of your wife
  • Vet
    Vet Posts: 180
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    No, you'll end up getting her account blocked. Seems a bit dodge.
  • Picard91
    Picard91 Posts: 67
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    She would be breaking the T & C's with the bank, like everyone has said it would mean the account frozen and card blocked...

Maybe and a big maybe if she rang the bank, asked how it was possible they would present a way. But if she hasn't setup telephone or internet banking and knew she had a debt to be paid off then that's just bad planning...

Also, isn't telephone banking setup automatically?

But like everyone says, sounds dodgy! I'd be less than impressed if the bank gave out all the money in my account to someone just because they have the debit card and Pin.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,139
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    so suspect that the desire to get hold of £3K in cash means that this is the sort of debt that is unlikely to wait -

:eek:

The Enforcer is at the front door.....?
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ambassador
    Hi,

As others have said you will not be able to do this, you are not the account holder, and even if you were 3k in cash normally needs to be preordered.

If this is a valid question, then your partner can either set up online banking, or give her bank a call and get a payment sent either to you so you can make the cash withdrawal or directly to the debt that needs paying off.

As a board guide can I suggest that you give the same level of courtesy that we are asked to give new posters.

You asked a question and it was answered, calling other posters jobsworths when you don't get the answer you are looking for when they provide the correct one is not same level you have gotten from others.

I hope that either of these options are suitable if not you will need to wait for her to return from her holiday.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    School holidays, folks.;)
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    colsten wrote: »
    School holidays, folks.;)

I very much doubt that "jobsworth" (even though used incorrectly) is in the working vocabulary of most teenagers.

I keep seeing all these posts about school holidays and yet no evidence that children are involved (unless you mean it is the teachers who are posting). Can we please stop making the lazy and uninformed assumption that half-baked stories and irate posters are children trolling because they are bored.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,861
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    From the OP's other thread he is impatiently waiting on a payment from Amazon going into his bank.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The more unkind amongst us might believe she has gone on holiday, her new card and PIN have arrived in her absence and you are planning on taking advantage - I'm not one of those unkind people, by the way.

This never occurred to me, but now you've put the thought in my head...
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Can we please stop making the lazy and uninformed assumption that half-baked stories and irate posters are children trolling because they are bored.
    With[out] your permission, I will continue to make assumptions as I please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure