IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones LBC help please!!

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No, you dont fill in the form. At all. You follow POST TWO of the NEWBIES THREAD exactly, and acknowledge online. You will do nothing with the form at all.

Not really. but you need to be clear when writing your defence that you are not the Keeper OR the RK. Meaning they have no claim against you.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    hartynoll wrote: »
    Ok so yesterday I receieved a claim form from County Court Business Centre...

Who was that claim form addressed to? You or your wife?

It is the addressee that is the defendant and the one who must defend the claim.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • hartynoll
    hartynoll Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    KeithP wrote: »
    Who was that claim form addressed to? You or your wife?

It is the addressee that is the defendant and the one who must defend the claim.

Hi Keith

It is addresses to me, as on the initial contact I said that I was the registered keeper.

I'm more than happy to go through it in my name, but then had a horrible thought that it may bite me in the !!! as it is her company car.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No, you dont fill in the form. At all. You follow POST TWO of the NEWBIES THREAD exactly, and acknowledge online. You will do nothing with the form at all.

Not really. but you need to be clear when writing your defence that you are not the Keeper OR the RK. Meaning they have no claim against you.
    Although given the OP's first post, I wouldn't be so sure:)
  • hartynoll
    Castle wrote: »
    Although given the OP's first post, I wouldn't be so sure:)

Yeah that's what I've thought. I can't say I'm not the RK when I already have said I was
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Well you have to state you are not the RK, because if its a company car I bet your wife isnt even the RK, but the lease company that owns the vehicle. You cannot lie to the court.

WHat you can do is instead correct to state that yuo are neither the keepe rnor the RK, so they dont have a claim against you.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well you have to state you are not the RK, because if its a company car I bet your wife isnt even the RK, but the lease company that owns the vehicle. You cannot lie to the court.

WHat you can do is instead correct to state that yuo are neither the keepe rnor the RK, so they dont have a claim against you.
    Actually I was more worried about them working out who the driver was.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hmmm, this is difficult, and 100% should have been appealed by the hirer/lessee, your wife.

But as your post has been on the forum for 3 months saying who the driver was, and you appealed instead of your wife (who would have had no liability in law, as hirer/lessee who wasn't driving - OUCH that was a big mistake) I would actually defend as driver now.

See the NEWBIES thread and show us your draft based on another Gladstones defence, your main point will be about the unclear signs (if it was dark, were they unlit?).

Did you get the AOS done online now and made sure you did NOT start filling in the defence yet by mistake?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hartynoll
    I will do the online response this weekend and won’t touch the form as per the newbie thread.

Could it not be the case that my father, for instance was the driver. And I am responding on behalf of my wife?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure