Green star another rip off energy club recomendation

We took up the energy club offer on Green Star energy two years ago.
When they are recommended you dont expect problems,but ive lost a lot of money believing MSE in the past(remember crown currency?)
I know the major suppliers are bad,but the smaller ones still have these ridiculous rules.
Why dont they tell you your tariff is not covering the bill to give you an option to increase?Its because that makes it harder for you to leave.
Ok but what concerns me is that we sent our final meter reading which was way less than their estimate even from the previous quarter that they had done,and we paid the extra month in advance and yet we still have a big final bill.Someone is massaging some figures here.either to keep you in because you think you have a good deal or adding money at the end .
I have had problems with other companies with this in the past.EON tried to get £70 out of us even though it was a prepayment meter owned by a landlord.Took months to sort out and in the end they owed us money.
Flow sent us two final bills within a few days which were so big i had to pay one off monthly.
Best was British Gas who kept sending debt collectors round to our new home for a bill in our previous house.That was even though we had never been with British gas at any time.
As far as i can tell big or small they all find ways to cheat you.What other institutionsd have falling rawe product costs yet still hike up prices?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    davewgray wrote: »
    what concerns me is that we sent our final meter reading which was way less than their estimate
    Why were you letting ANY supplier give you an estimated bill?
    Every month read the electricity meter and gas meter and submit the meter reading yourself so that no bill is ever estimated.
    It will take 10 minutes maximum.
    You have to take responsibility as you cannot expect any energy company to accurately guess how much fuel you use.
    Or move to a supplier who will fit a smart meter and stay with them so that they can get your meter readings and bill you accurately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure