Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Wow some really good losses, well done everyone:T:T:T
    Kathryn hope you gt on at the hospital and thanks for the chart:D
    Food pictures will be resumed, i said to my sister people are missing my pics, she said take them i am not bothered:rotfl: I said thought you would think im mad:p
    Tonight we had home made 5% burgers, onions, mushrooms, SW chips (me 5) spaghetti and egg, yummy yummy!!
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Hi all
    Thanks so much for all your kind words :)
    Just weighed in with a -4lb
    That’s the Xmas gain gone- plus I’m now lighter than before Xmas :j
    Wow brilliant loss. Well done
    Thanks for the chart Kathrynha - could you put me down for 22lbs ? This will then then get me to my target :j - the thought of having a holiday is tempting but that's what I got to lose so I might as well be honest about it.

That's an ambitious target, but if you're motivated then you can do it
    CattyCatX wrote: »
    Thanks for the warm welcome to the group! First WI for me later, so will report back!! Don't feel like I've lost any inches or anything as all clothes still as tight as ever but it's only the first week and I definitely feel like my energy levels have improved and I'm sleeping better so I guess that's success of a kind! Will see what the scales have in store..

I always feel like that first week, but then it's a nice surprise when you step on the scales
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    maman wrote: »
    I shouldn't smile but it does sound like the plague in 1665! Hope you get positive news at the hospital.:)

Is a bit like that, but can't risk it. My body can't cope with flu at the moment
    candyapple wrote: »
    **sneaking in with tail between legs**

Well its been months and months since I posted on here and tbf months and months since I ate SW friendly but I need to give myself a bit of a kick up the bum so I'm back if you will have me :)

I'm about a stone heavier - my scales have given up the ghost so it could well be more than that but I am hoping not! Life's basically got in the way of my eating well but I'm now bursting out of my clothes and feeling generally urgh. I'm also happier than I was roughly 3 months ago so hoping not to comfort eat any more. So I would like to join the challenge but not until I get some new scales which is hopefully this week - I could go to Boots and weigh but think I might cry if I saw my actual weight so maybe not the best idea :rotfl:

I have a night out planned with some friends at the end of thiis month so I want to be comfy in my jeans that I am currently bursting out of so that's mini target number 1! Hoping to get back to the gym this week too once I have chased the last of my cold away so hopefully that will help with losing the inches :)

Welcome back. Do you have a target for the next 8 weeks so I can add you to the spreadsheet?
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Good afternoon!

Still no Top Baby. I've finally put that stone on though - 15lb weight gain in total now, I was totally off plan Christmas and New Year and ate ALL THE WHITE BREAD so not really a shock :)

I'm due on Monday so hopeful she won't be too long, I've just bought a birthing ball so my BM for the week will be bouncing on that :D

Hope you're all well xx

Good to see you. Hope TopBaby doesn't keep you waiting too long
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Some great losses including Mrs R :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Have been trying to up my water intake today and be a bit more active to see if this will bring swelling in feet and ankles down a bit. I was wearing compression socks over the weekend and think they are a bit better already.

Breakfast: banana and oat smoothie (2 syns, HEA HEB)
    Lunch: smoked mackerel, large mixed salad and blue cheese dressing (5 syns)
    Dinner: rice, salmon, sweetcorn, salad
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good to see you Top Girl :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kathrynha

-3lbs

Really surprised tbh. Plus been to the charity shop and bought some trousers after nearly mooning at my service user the other day as my trousers were getting too big. Also tried some on in Dorothy Perkins and I'm between an 16 and 18, which is really really good as I used to be 20 to 22.

Well done on the loss and the NSV
    ilovetea wrote: »
    - 4 lbs.for me please.
    Well done on the loss
    Another quick post - hectic day at work and have to go straight to the hospital straight after work, MIL has conclusively been diagnosed with a mini stroke - we're hoping it doesn't interfere with her independence - she's 83 and until this week quite happily driving around and living on her own (sheltered acommodation - it was her alert button that set the whole rush to hospital off)

She's going to be assessed and we'll see where we go from here (FIL passed away 4 years ago)

Hope she isn't too bad. Hubby had a stroke the other year, and as long as physio is done then the prognosis from a stroke is good, especially a mini one.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    CattyCatX wrote: »
    First WI today - happy to report -2lb loss!
    Not bad for an incomplete first week, although I can't be sure it's not just natural fluctuation - hopefully the trend will continue downwards next week:A

Well done on the loss.
    Zebras rock
  • Co-incidentally my consultant posted on Facebook today about Aldi 5% beefburgers & meatballs - 1 syn per burger & 0.5 per 3 meatballs
  • kathrynha
    Been a long day for me today, but pretty good outcome.

Tumour has shrunk enough, and now have an operation date in just over 2 weeks. Operation sounds very scary, but it's what needed. Sounds like it will be a long recovery time though.

So good news but a rather tough time to get through, but there is def a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport