Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Comments

• I applied for my Warm Home Discount and they failed to complete the process so I have lost out, Extra Energy had the nerve to say it was my issue even though I have the proof that I applied. AVOID Extra Energy.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Hello,

Unfortunately I am unable to access your account due to data protection and lack of information, therefore I am unable to look into this for you.

As I previously advise the issue has been resolve so if you are still experiencing validation issue you will need to contact us via email or phone so we can investigate this for you.

If you have any questions, you can call us on: 0800 092 02 02

Or email: help@flowenergy.uk.com

We are open Monday to Friday 8:00am until 20:00pm

Warm regards,

The Flow team

ColinB wrote: »
    Dear Flow Rep

I have now asked twice in this forum (on 5 & 7 Nov) why my gas meter readings are still being ignored. Your response, both to myself and others, has been that the problem has now been resolved and that "... Gas readings entered after 05/10/2017 will go through the validating process as normal."

I have pointed out to you on 7 Nov that that statement is incorrect, because my meter reading supplied on 25 Oct has been ignored in my November statement. Clearly gas readings entered after 5 Oct are NOT being validated normally. You have not responded to that post, indeed your response yesterday to frankie repeats the inaccuracy.

I ask again, can you please reconsider your response and provide an honest answer about why this issue is continuing ? If there is some reason why you can't explain, please tell us that

Please do not invite a bilateral discussion via TwitFace. I don't use those platforms, and I think an explanation in this public forum would help all the people posting here about the same issue. It should help you too because you won't need to respond to lots of individual complaints.

Thank you
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our current meter read email.

Unfortunately this is an known issue and we do not currently have a solution. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

In the meantime we advise you to enter your readings via your online portal or alternatively, you can email or phone us with your readings and we can enter them for you.

Warm regards,

The Flow team

viciovbuk wrote: »
    My only problem with Flow was their periodic email about provide meter reading.
    If I follow the link in the email, I get a page in which day and night rate are in the wrong order.
    So for example, if on the website I have a day reading of 45678.2 and a night reading of 33456.5, on the webpage opened from the email I got a day reading of 33456.5 and a night reading of 45678.2 (and the first time I put my readings according to what I saw on the page). I noticed the problem when they ask me to pay about 300 pound for a month of use.
    I provide them all the pictures of my readings and they fixed the problem but the page that I receive via email is still wrong so I need to put my readings directly on the website.
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Broadwood
    Broadwood Posts: 706 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 November 2017 at 8:40PM
    viciovbuk wrote: »
    My only problem with Flow was their periodic email about provide meter reading.
    If I follow the link in the email, I get a page in which day and night rate are in the wrong order.

Yes I've had that too with Economy 7 electric readings.

Just too many "KNOWN ISSUES" with Flow.

Getting the billing system right can't be rocket science surely?
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • frankie wrote: »
    Had another reply following up my email and have gleaned a bit more information:

We can validate one reading per 25 days, so no. a single meter reading per month will be more than enough to keep your account up to date along with your statements, so please look to keep to this schedule.

If that is true, and not just a member of staff making stuff up, then that information should be on the website, and explained to customers in their terms and conditions.

However the evidence of my account is that if you provide more than one reading a month they don't validate any readings. They could just pick one and get that validated, but flow don't it seems.
  • GEDJARVIS wrote: »
    I applied for my Warm Home Discount and they failed to complete the process so I have lost out, Extra Energy had the nerve to say it was my issue even though I have the proof that I applied. AVOID Extra Energy.

This thread is dedicated to Flow Energy.

Maybe Flow and Extra are both best avoided for different reasons. ;)
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 70 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Dear Flow Rep

Thank you for your response ...
    Hello,

Unfortunately I am unable to access your account due to data protection and lack of information, therefore I am unable to look into this for you.

As I previously advise the issue has been resolve so if you are still experiencing validation issue you will need to contact us via email or phone so we can investigate this for you.

Warm regards,

The Flow team

... but that is not what I asked for. Getting my statement corrected is a secondary issue here. Yes, I can contact you by various means to get that done. But I know what will happen if I do, because I have done it before. You will investigate, realise you've made an error, apologise, and do a manual update to my statement. And then, on my next statement, the error will recur.

I want you to explain why these errors keep occurring and what you're doing about it. You don't need my account reference or any personal details to do that, you need to investigate and explain why gas readings are being ignored - both for me and other forum users with the same issue - and retract your previous erroneous statement that "... Gas readings entered after 05/10/2017 will go through the validating process as normal."

If you can't explain why the errors keep occurring, please explain why you can't explain.

Thank you
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

In order to explain why the errors keep occurring on your account you will be required to provide your Flow account number.

As far as we are aware the issue has been resolved for all of our customers therefore, we will need to investigate this further for you.

Unfortunately if you are unwilling to provide us with this information we will not be able to assist you.

Warm regards,

The Flow team

ColinB wrote: »
    Dear Flow Rep

Thank you for your response ...

... but that is not what I asked for. Getting my statement corrected is a secondary issue here. Yes, I can contact you by various means to get that done. But I know what will happen if I do, because I have done it before. You will investigate, realise you've made an error, apologise, and do a manual update to my statement. And then, on my next statement, the error will recur.

I want you to explain why these errors keep occurring and what you're doing about it. You don't need my account reference or any personal details to do that, you need to investigate and explain why gas readings are being ignored - both for me and other forum users with the same issue - and retract your previous erroneous statement that "... Gas readings entered after 05/10/2017 will go through the validating process as normal."

If you can't explain why the errors keep occurring, please explain why you can't explain.

Thank you
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The Flow rep must have seen the recent customer service poll!
  • ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 70 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

In order to explain why the errors keep occurring on your account you will be required to provide your Flow account number.

As far as we are aware the issue has been resolved for all of our customers therefore, we will need to investigate this further for you.

Unfortunately if you are unwilling to provide us with this information we will not be able to assist you.

Warm regards,

The Flow team

Dear Flow Rep

That is a disappointing response. In this forum, you have an opportunity to explain honestly and openly to your customers what is going wrong; if you did so, I am sure that would improve your company's image for forum users. Instead you choose to say things like "... As far as we are aware the issue has been resolved for all of our customers ..." despite statements on here from your customers telling you clearly that the issue has NOT been resolved. That attitude tells me all I need to know in casting my vote in the current MSE poll on customer service and will also feature in any future decision about my energy supplier.

I have now raised a formal complaint about this issue being ongoing, I'll post on here the outcome of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure